did you want to observe the area where you decided prior to reach a decision for immigration?

This is a room for the discussion of travel plans or experiences and the culture of places you have visited or plan to visit.
jimmy
Green Belt
Languages: ...

did you want to observe the area where you decided prior to reach a decision for immigration?

Postby jimmy » Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:37 pm

Hi ,

I wonder whether the immigrants had previously observed the area/country where they intended to immigrate to that area?

note please by observation ,I mean visiting and living at that area for a particular time period.

(By my personal & current idea: I think it would NOT be good opinion to leave the home country before visiting)

Thanks
0 x
Self Taught - Autodidactic

Cavesa
Black Belt - 4th Dan
Languages: Czech (N), French (C2) English (C1), Italian (C1), Spanish, German (C1)

Re: did you want to observe the area where you decided prior to reach a decision for immigration?

Postby Cavesa » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:49 pm

I wanted and sort of did that in France (just different regions). But neither in Belgium nor in the Switzerland. I had spent like a day or two in each before immigrating. Yep, it might seem a bit crazy, I know.

You're right that observing before making the huge decision is ideal, but usually not possible. Erasmus is one of the few opportunities to do just that. Normal touristy visits won't really tell you much.
0 x

anitarrc
Orange Belt
Languages: Moved around... English + German + Spanish + Dutch + French + Portuguese
used daily
Catalá Russian Serbian: struggling but improving. Bahasa..needs refreshment

Re: did you want to observe the area where you decided prior to reach a decision for immigration?

Postby anitarrc » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:15 pm

I went to live in France when I was 15 and had fled from my violent father and it was a bit of a rollercoaster.
Later I went to Belgium and Germany with little preparation but then in both cases I stayed with friends first.

Australia was an adventure and so was the second time in France. It lasted 14 years :). It was a period of my life I never regretted.

Central America was the only place I ever really prepared for and I misjudged many things. Like the impossibility to do useful, honest work legally.
It is perfectly fine to live in Costa rica, do sod all, smoke dope, be a nuisance and/or drunk. But work, heavens no. It is totally crazy and exactly the opposite of other immigration laws.

I became a partner in the garage to sortof legalize my job.

So, if you want to prepare carefully, go to immigration with your job offer.
2 x

jimmy
Green Belt
Languages: ...

Postby jimmy » Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:41 pm

Cavesa wrote:
You're right that observing before making the huge decision is ideal, but usually not possible. Erasmus is one of the few opportunities to do just that. Normal touristy visits won't really tell you much.

mm , I do not interest to europea and us or australia anymore, rather than these regions ,I would like to learn (by having experience) China & Arabic countries or Asian (not defined yet).

many thanks.
0 x
Self Taught - Autodidactic

Return to “Travel and Culture”