do you support your package with any health insurance (agent) when you travel?

This is a room for the discussion of travel plans or experiences and the culture of places you have visited or plan to visit.
Rumi
Languages: English, Japanese, Hindi

Re: do you support your package with any health insurance (agent) when you travel?

Postby Rumi » Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:50 am

zenmonkey wrote:
jimmy wrote:It really depends on where I'm going.

I'm not saying don't get insurance - do look into it, look at what you have, look at what additional insurance might actually cover. Accidents do happen. I just don't get travel specific insurance very often.
GBWhatsApp APK
If I were traveling to the US from abroad I would certainly look more closely into insurance because US medical costs can be astronomical.

In summary, travel insurance is an important topic - take a look at travel forums for the places you will be visiting to get better advice.

Very helpful advice, pal. I always thought of travel insurances while travelling to other countries. But reading your posts made me realize there is so much more in some insurances which can eliminate the need of travel insurances to higher extents.
Thank you.
Gotta go and read the insurance with more care now.
0 x

garyb
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: Native: English
Advanced: Italian, French
Intermediate: Spanish
Beginner: German, Japanese
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1855

Re: do you support your package with any health insurance (agent) when you travel?

Postby garyb » Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:39 pm

I mostly travel within Europe and (for now) am covered by the European Health Insurance Card, although travel insurance is still worth having for all the non-health-related potential issues, and it's pretty cheap - at least if you look around rather than going with whatever the budget airlines or bloggers recommend! And as has been said, some financial products like credit cards and bank accounts include travel insurance already as a benefit.
0 x

Return to “Travel and Culture”