[France] Paris questions

This is a room for the discussion of travel plans or experiences and the culture of places you have visited or plan to visit.
rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Re: [France] Paris questions

Postby rdearman » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:08 pm

Hello All,

I'm going to bump this thread again because I'm travelling to Paris with my sister and her husband for a day trip. We'll have exactly 12 hours from landing before returning back to the airport (Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG) )

With the Airport as my starting and end point, can anyone give me a really good itinerary which will take in a couple of famous bridges, and the Eiffel Tower, and basically pack the day with tons of stuff to do. I can speak some French and I've been to Paris before, so no worries about recommending the underground, etc. Anything unique of interesting my sister can tell her friends in the USA when she gets back would be cool.
0 x
: 0 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

Serpent
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: heritage
Russian (native); Belarusian, Polish

fluent or close: Finnish (certified C1), English; Portuguese, Spanish, German, Italian
learning: Croatian+, Ukrainian; Romanian, Galician; Danish, Swedish; Estonian
exploring: Latin, Karelian, Catalan, Dutch, Czech, Latvian

Re: [France] Paris questions

Postby Serpent » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:33 pm

When are you going? There are currently some disruptions due to flooding and strikes :roll: And of course the European Championship starts on June 10 :) If you go there during the Euro, the Eiffel tower may be lit up in the winning team's colours after the match (not always). There will also be a fanzone around the Eiffel Tower.
Have you decided how you'll get to the centre? I recommend the RER B to Gare du Nord. There's an express train with almost no stops and a slightly slower one, which stops at Stade de France among other places. That was pretty cool for me obviously but on a matchday I guess best avoid it. (Also, you can see the stadium pretty well from the express train)
I also really like the Hop On, Hop Off buses.
IDK, aside from the Disneyland, for me the coolest adventure was to be in the very front of a driverless metro train :D
1 x
LyricsTraining now has Finnish and Polish :)
Corrections welcome

Return to “Travel and Culture”