Countries games

This is a room for the discussion of travel plans or experiences and the culture of places you have visited or plan to visit.
Jar-Ptitsa
Brown Belt
Languages: Belgian French (N)

I can speak: Dutch, German, English, Spanish and understand Italian, Portuguese, Wallonian, Afrikaans, but not always correctly.

Countries games

Postby Jar-Ptitsa » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:39 pm

In this game you must alphabetically chose a country and then write what you know about it. Don't search online for infos, only for an image.

I will start with NORWAY. The next person must chose a country which starts with the letter N, then the next person with O etc. When the person has written about a country which starts with the letter, Z. then the next person must chose a country which starts with A, for example Australia.

You can write facts and your ideas, and you can put some images as well.

You can write it in the language you prefer, but NOT in your native one. you can chose if the letter is how the country is written in English or in the other language or in your own language . If a country doesn't exist, then chose a city with this letter.

if the people want to make the language corrections this would be veyr nice and helpful. or the corrections about the infos as well.

NORWAY

Norway has mountains and some beautiful fjords with the sea. It's in north Europe and has lots of snow, especially in the winter. It's not in the European Union or the euro, but in Scandinavia. The people there speak Norwegian, which is a germanic language, and there are many dialects. The Sami live in the north and they speak a different langauge. I don't know what the Norwegians eats except for Kvikk Lunsj, which is chocolate haha. Ok, that is what I know about Norway.

You can add to this, correct it and then you can write about the next country, which must starts with N.
1 x
-w- I am Jar-ptitsa and my Hawaiian name is ʻā ʻaia. Please correct my mistakes in all the languages. Thank you very much.
: 1 / 50 Spanish grammar
: 5 / 50 Spanish vocabulary

Jar-Ptitsa
Brown Belt

I can speak: Dutch, German, English, Spanish and understand Italian, Portuguese, Wallonian, Afrikaans, but not always correctly.

Re: Countries games

Postby Jar-Ptitsa » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:51 pm

I mean the next country must start with the letter O.
0 x
-w- I am Jar-ptitsa and my Hawaiian name is ʻā ʻaia. Please correct my mistakes in all the languages. Thank you very much.

Brun Ugle
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: English (N), Norwegian (~C1/C2), Spanish (B1/B2), German (A2/B1?), Japanese (very rusty)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=11484

Postby Brun Ugle » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:59 pm

vogeltje wrote:I don't know what the Norwegians eats except for Kvikk Lunsj, which is chocolate haha.

We also eat Grandiosa, which is frozen pizza. (It tastes about as good as it sounds.)

Also, "eat" not "eats."
0 x

Jar-Ptitsa
Brown Belt

Postby Jar-Ptitsa » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:10 pm

Brun Ugle wrote:
vogeltje wrote:I don't know what the Norwegians eats except for Kvikk Lunsj, which is chocolate haha.

We also eat Grandiosa, which is frozen pizza. (It tastes about as good as it sounds.)

Also, "eat" not "eats."

Thanks fort the correciton brown owl. It was a typo when I've written eats :x

But you must NOT write in your own langauge in this game, and you must write about the next country.
0 x

Jar-Ptitsa
Brown Belt

Postby Jar-Ptitsa » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:14 pm

OMAN

Oman is een Arabisch land in het Midden Oosten. Het ligt aan de kust maar heeft een erg warme klimaat, één van de warmste in de hele wereld, ook droog, en heeft dus woestijnen. De bevolking is Muslim, en de hoofdstad is Muskat, hoewel Zanzibar mij beter bekent lijkt. Oman heeft een monarchie met de Sultan. Ongeveer 4 miljoenen mensen wonen in het land, dat in totaal 309 vierkante km groot is.
0 x

AlexTG
Green Belt
Languages: Easy to Read: English(N), French, Spanish
Able to Read: German, Latin
Learning to Read: Japanese, Hindi/Urdu

Postby AlexTG » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:47 am

Perú es un país al norte de Chile. Hay muchas montañas y sitios arqueológicos. Es el país de una civilización antígua y famosa... ¿Los Incas?[] La población indígena es grande, pero ya no hablan mucho la(s?) lengua(s?) indígena(s?) :(. [wikipedia: Quechua spoken by 13%, Aymara by 1.7%, other indigenous by 0.91%]

[with a vocabulary correction from NicoZerpa]

Edit: Con una imagen:Image

NOOOOOOO ¡olvidaba las llamas! :o :o :o
Last edited by AlexTG on Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
2 x

Jar-Ptitsa
Brown Belt

Postby Jar-Ptitsa » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:25 am

Qué lindas son las llamas, y las alpacas también

0 x

pir
Orange Belt
Languages: Groks fluently: English, German
Dutch (C2~)
Swedish (B2~ on hold)
Romanian (B1~ on hold)
Swahili, Wolof, Esperanto, Russian (A1 on hold)
Studies: French (B1~), Japanese (A1), Spanish (A0)
~ means ++passive than active knowledge.

Corrections: YES!
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1132

Postby pir » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:52 am

Le Qatar est un petit pays situé sur la côte nord-este de la péninsule arabique. La population du Qatar est très riche et très conservateur. Le Qatar est un grand producteur de gaz naturel et de pétrole. Il est dirigé par un émir qui a crée Al Jazira, le «CNN d'Arabe». Le climat du Qatar est désertique, très chaud en été et très doux en hiver.

Le Qatar est bien connu pour ses gratte-ciels ultramoderne:
qatar.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

NicoZerpa
White Belt
Languages: Spanish (N), English, Portuguese, Italian. Learning German and French

Postby NicoZerpa » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:24 am

Russland ist ein Land, die sowohl in Europa als auch in Asien liegt. Es ist das gröβte Land der Welt und sein Ursprung geht auf die Kiewer Rus zurück. Wie jeder weiβ, der russischen Präsident ist Wladimir Putin, aber Russland hat auch einen Ministerpräsident. Ich glaube, Dmitry Medvedev ist der amtierende Ministerpräsident der Russischen Föderation.

------

Russia ist a country located in both Europe and Asia. It's the biggest country in the world and its origins can be traced back to the Kievan Rus. As everybody knows, the Russian president is Vladimir Putin, but Russia has a Prime Minister too. I think Dmitry Medvevev ist the current Prime Minister of the Russian Federation.

AlexTG wrote:Es el país de una civilización anciana y famosa... ¿Los Incas?

I think "antigua" is a better word than "anciana" here. The word "anciano/a" ist most used when talking about elderly people (and might have a negative connotation in some contexts). And yes, Most of the ancient Inca Empire was located in what's now Peru.
2 x

Jar-Ptitsa
Brown Belt

Postby Jar-Ptitsa » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:40 pm

Senegal is a west African country where the people speak many different languages incluidng Wolof, Pulaar, Serer and the imperialist language French. Dakar is Senegal's capital and it's the largest city in the country. The people eat a lot of fish, and they like fruit juice, for example mango. The climate in the north of Senegal is desert, and in the south it's tropical. In 1961 only about 3 million people lived in Senegal, but in 2003 the total was over 10 millions.

This photo shows dakar:

0 x

Return to “Travel and Culture”