How many countries/cities have you travelled?

This is a room for the discussion of travel plans or experiences and the culture of places you have visited or plan to visit.
User avatar
Vika
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:10 am
Languages: English
Germany
x 1

Re: How many countries/cities have you travelled?

Postby Vika » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:15 am

I’m interested in the most visited places of London. Can someone help me? ;)
1 x

User avatar
Vika
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:10 am
Languages: English
Germany
x 1

Re: How many countries/cities have you travelled?

Postby Vika » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:17 am

Anna20 wrote:I was born and live in Ukraine.
Mostly I like to travel.
For years of studying at school and college, I have already visited many Ukrainian cities: Odessa, Kiev, Sevastopol, Lviv, Kharkiv, Nikolaev, Kryvy Rih, Zaporizhzhia.
But I'm not going to stop just not on this list.
And so I want to visit as many cities as possible.
I like to chat with people and make new friends.
Therefore, my dream is to visit other countries and find comrades.
I want to travel in different ways.
For example, take a sea voyage to Madagascar, fly to Germany and drive hitchhikers to Spain.
I believe that everyone needs to visit at least one other country for his life. After all, in our time, we have many opportunities to fulfill this dream.


Anna,but what about other countries? Do you interested in GB? What do you think about London?
0 x

aledda
Yellow Belt
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:26 pm
Location: Uruguay
Languages: Español (N)
English (C2), Português (C2)

Studying now: 日本語 (N4->N3), 한국어 (beginner)

Dabbling: Italiano (beginner), Deutsch (beginner)

On the waiting list: 普通话 (~A1)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=5561
x 110

Re: How many countries/cities have you travelled?

Postby aledda » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:25 pm

I posted some time ago, but I can't find my old post. I have an "offline" list of the places I've been so here is the list updated (in blue are the new places)

America
Argentina - Buenos Aires, Córdoba, Villa Allende
Brazil - Búzios, Ilha Grande, Ilhabela, Rio de Janeiro
Cuba - Cienfuegos, Habana, Pinar del Rio, Trinidad, Varadero
Dominican Republic - Punta Cana
Panama - Panama City
Uruguay - Montevideo (where I was born and I've been living since :P) and cities in Canelones, Colonia, Lavalleja, Maldonado, Paysandú, Rocha, San José, Soriano

Europe
Austria - Vienna
Bosnia and Herzegovina - Maglaj, Sarajevo, Mostar, Medugorje, Kravica Falls
Croatia - Zagreb, Salvonski Brod, Dubrovnik, Split, Plitvice Lake National Park, Opatija, Postojna

France - Burdeox, Mont Saint-Michel, Paris, Nice, Avignon
Greece - Athens, Mykonos, Santorini
Ireland - Cashel, Clonmacnoise, Cork, Dublin, Galway, Kilkenny, Kinsale, Killarney, Limerick
Italy - Assisi, Bergamo, Capri (and Anacapri), Civita de Bagnoregio, Firenze, Genova, Gubbio, Roma, Manarola (Cinqueterre), Milano, Montepulciano, Napoli, Orvieto, Padova, Perugia, Pisa, Portofino, Salerno, San Gimignano, Santa Margherita Ligure, Siena, Sorrento, Venezia, Verona, Ravenna
Monaco - Monte Carlo

Portugal - Evora, Fatima, Lisboa, Mertola, Porto
San Marino
Slovenia - Maribor, Bled, Ljubljana
Spain - Cambados, Granada, Madrid, San Sebastián, Santiago de Compostela, Sevilla, Toledo, Vigo, Barcelona
Turkey - Ephesus, Istanbul
United Kingdom (England - Cambridge, Durham, Liverpool, London, Oxford, York | Scotland - Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness | Northern Ireland - Belfast | Wales - Caernarfon )
Vatican City

Africa
Morocco - Asilah, Casablanca, Erfoud, Fez, Marrakesh, Rabat, Tangier
5 x
Please, feel free to correct any mistakes.

User avatar
Vika
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:10 am
Languages: English
Germany
x 1

Re: How many countries/cities have you travelled?

Postby Vika » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:12 am

aledda wrote:I posted some time ago, but I can't find my old post. I have an "offline" list of the places I've been so here is the list updated (in blue are the new places)

America
Argentina - Buenos Aires, Córdoba, Villa Allende
Brazil - Búzios, Ilha Grande, Ilhabela, Rio de Janeiro
Cuba - Cienfuegos, Habana, Pinar del Rio, Trinidad, Varadero
Dominican Republic - Punta Cana
Panama - Panama City
Uruguay - Montevideo (where I was born and I've been living since :P) and cities in Canelones, Colonia, Lavalleja, Maldonado, Paysandú, Rocha, San José, Soriano

Europe
Austria - Vienna
Bosnia and Herzegovina - Maglaj, Sarajevo, Mostar, Medugorje, Kravica Falls
Croatia - Zagreb, Salvonski Brod, Dubrovnik, Split, Plitvice Lake National Park, Opatija, Postojna

France - Burdeox, Mont Saint-Michel, Paris, Nice, Avignon
Greece - Athens, Mykonos, Santorini
Ireland - Cashel, Clonmacnoise, Cork, Dublin, Galway, Kilkenny, Kinsale, Killarney, Limerick
Italy - Assisi, Bergamo, Capri (and Anacapri), Civita de Bagnoregio, Firenze, Genova, Gubbio, Roma, Manarola (Cinqueterre), Milano, Montepulciano, Napoli, Orvieto, Padova, Perugia, Pisa, Portofino, Salerno, San Gimignano, Santa Margherita Ligure, Siena, Sorrento, Venezia, Verona, Ravenna
Monaco - Monte Carlo

Portugal - Evora, Fatima, Lisboa, Mertola, Porto
San Marino
Slovenia - Maribor, Bled, Ljubljana
Spain - Cambados, Granada, Madrid, San Sebastián, Santiago de Compostela, Sevilla, Toledo, Vigo, Barcelona
Turkey - Ephesus, Istanbul
United Kingdom (England - Cambridge, Durham, Liverpool, London, Oxford, York | Scotland - Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness | Northern Ireland - Belfast | Wales - Caernarfon )
Vatican City

Africa
Morocco - Asilah, Casablanca, Erfoud, Fez, Marrakesh, Rabat, Tangier



wow!really?and how old you?its impossible to visit all this places in a short time!i’m really excited with your experience!
0 x

aledda
Yellow Belt
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:26 pm
Location: Uruguay
Languages: Español (N)
English (C2), Português (C2)

Studying now: 日本語 (N4->N3), 한국어 (beginner)

Dabbling: Italiano (beginner), Deutsch (beginner)

On the waiting list: 普通话 (~A1)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=5561
x 110

Re: How many countries/cities have you travelled?

Postby aledda » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:56 pm

Vika wrote:wow!really?and how old you?its impossible to visit all this places in a short time!i’m really excited with your experience!

I'm 32, I started traveling 5 or 6 years ago (when I got a job with a better salary that allowed me to save some money to travel :lol: ).
The thing is that plane tickets from Uruguay to Europe are really expensive, so when I go there I try to spend 30-40 days visiting a lot of different places to make it worth the price. In some places I stay for 4 days for example, and others I visit them during the day if they are on the way from a city to another.
Later when I return to Uruguay I am more tired than before starting my holidays, but it is definitely worth it. :D
6 x
Please, feel free to correct any mistakes.

renaissancemedici
Yellow Belt
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:41 am
Location: Athens, Greece
Languages: Greek (N), French (B1), German (beginner), English (what you see...)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=7825
x 121

Re: How many countries/cities have you travelled?

Postby renaissancemedici » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:27 am

Wow, people travel so much! I wish one day I'll go more places.

So far:

France: Paris.

Italy: Rome, Florence (Tuscany in general), Venice, Ancona.

Austria: Vienna.

I haven't travelled enough in Greece I'm afraid. Although I've seen the main attractions :lol:
2 x
: 8 / 100 Assimil German With Ease

Online
User avatar
Stelle
Blue Belt
Posts: 560
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:37 pm
Location: Canada
Languages: English (N1), French (N2), Spanish (advanced), Tagalog (on and off), Italian (mostly passive), Russian (dabbling)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 221#p93221
x 1437
Contact:

Re: How many countries/cities have you travelled?

Postby Stelle » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:42 pm

We’re just finishing up a week in Mexico, so I can add one more country to my list of places visited.

Europe
Spain
France
England
Scotland

Africa
Kenya
Tanzania
Malawi
Zimbabwe
Zambia
South Africa

Americas and Caribbean
Canada (country of birth - have been to all ten provinces, but none of the territories)
United States of America (31 states)
Brazil
Cuba
Dominican Republic
Jamaica
Guatemala
Belize
Nicaragua
Costa Rica
Panama
Mexico
2 x
SuperChallenge progress:
SP books : 87 / 5000
SP films : 190 / 9000
IT books : 60 / 5000
IT films : 88 / 9000

User avatar
jaeger
White Belt
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:10 pm
Languages: English (N), German (int), Finnish (new)
x 11

Re: How many countries/cities have you travelled?

Postby jaeger » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:13 pm

Some of these lists are quite impressive. I don't think mine is, but I've had fun:

England
Wales
Scotland
Republic of Ireland
France
Spain
Portugal
Switzerland
Germany
Italy
Norway
Hungary
Australia

My favourite has to be Australia. I go somewhat regularly, and it's awesome. Just mind the spiders...
0 x

Bluepaint
Blue Belt
Posts: 963
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:41 pm
x 655

Re: How many countries/cities have you travelled?

Postby Bluepaint » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:22 pm

jaeger wrote:
My favourite has to be Australia. I go somewhat regularly, and it's awesome. Just mind the spiders...


Australia! Ace :) maybe you can tell me if swooping season is a myth or truth? Supposedly magpies get rather aggressive at some point in the year?!
1 x

User avatar
jaeger
White Belt
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:10 pm
Languages: English (N), German (int), Finnish (new)
x 11

Re: How many countries/cities have you travelled?

Postby jaeger » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:53 pm

Bluepaint wrote:Australia! Ace :) maybe you can tell me if swooping season is a myth or truth? Supposedly magpies get rather aggressive at some point in the year?!


There are a lot of fun myths, but this one is true :D I think magpies react to shiny things, and the birds in Australia have no fear. Cyclists are particularly at risk. Offhand I don't know the season but I'd guess it's when the skies are clearest with sunshine to reflect off things.

I remember the first time I went, I was in a park leaning my arms on a low wall, and a bird was wandering along it. It hopped right near my hands and didn't seem bothered when I moved them. Birds will also walk into shops. I'm sure it's a nuisance to the locals, but it's pretty funny.
2 x


Return to “Travel and Culture”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest