What do you do for a living

This is a room for the discussion of travel plans or experiences and the culture of places you have visited or plan to visit.
Saudalmansour
White Belt
Languages: I speak Arabic. I study English

Re: What do you do for a living

Postby Saudalmansour » Tue May 16, 2023 3:19 pm

jimmy wrote:Thank you for a response!
The details are alike these:

1)have you graduated / read any university program (accounting, maths, linguistics, etc) (if so, which program and which level (BSc,Msc, PhD)?)
2) to what do you think that you should refer your reasons of accomplishment if you believe that you were successful ?
3) how old are you?
4) Do you believe that you are autodidactic ?
5) are you knowledgeable sufficiently about copyrights & does your job have relevance to this issue ?
6)are you knowledgeable sufficiently about technical developments and does your job have relevance to this issue?
(more details please if the response iis "yes")
7) if the last two questions are irrelevant , then follow these :
are you working about tourism ? (national or international?)
8) you have already said that you use foreign languages , ok, then could you express the conditions about your own (personal) properties. which of level do you believe you speak & write any foreign language you use. & which level the official exams shows for your that/those foreign language(s)?

9) do you work with a specific corporation ,if yes, how did you pursue that job position and if you believe that you were sustainable on that position (I mean you worked for long time) to what you refer to as reason?

10) other details (if you ask I can provide more clearance)

Cool to connect here. Just to answer your questions, I graduated with a BSc in Computer Science, and I'm 24. I wouldn't consider myself a textbook success, but I've had some wins. I've always been an autodidact, and I love learning new stuff on my own.

As stated in the previous post, I own a travel industry and I have clients form all around the world. I can't say I know everything, but I'm learning more each day. My goal is to expand my business to other countries, but for that I need to add other languages to my CV.

My passion for writing pushed me some time ago to write a few articles about starting a business. The articles can be found here.

As for languages, I'm pretty solid with English, and I've got some basic Spanish under my belt. I haven't taken any official exams, though.
Last edited by Saudalmansour on Mon May 29, 2023 8:31 am, edited 4 times in total.
1 x

jimmy
Green Belt
Languages: ...

Postby jimmy » Thu May 18, 2023 5:26 pm

Saudalmansour wrote:

Cool to connect here. Just to answer your questions, I graduated with a BSc in Computer Science, and I'm 24. I wouldn't consider myself a textbook success, but I've had some wins. I've always been an autodidact, and I love learning new stuff on my own.

I work in the tech industry, so I've got a decent grip on copyright issues and technical developments in my field. I can't say I know everything, but I'm learning more each day.

As for languages, I'm pretty solid with English, and I've got some basic Spanish under my belt. I haven't taken any official exams, though.

I co-founded a small online tech company; it's been a journey. I think persistence and passion are vital to keep going.

nice to hear such wordings.
as an autodidactic programmer , could you let me know whether there is a suggestion available for me as programming language.
which programming languages you could suggest me ,if any?

one of admin of this website recommends me java or C (rdearman). I can start java,in fact started but have a break for a while.

maybe you might be willing to indicate until to which page I should complete in this reference if you also recommend java.

Java :
The Complete Reference,
Seventh Edition

herbert schildt

hopefully ,I will NOT stop learning Arabic until C2 for fusha or maybe getting expertise in a dialect.
(I want to also explain that I have tendency to get expertise in cyber security in the future)
0 x
Self Taught - Autodidactic

lingohot
Orange Belt
Languages: German (N), English (certified C1), French (certified C1), Spanish (reading intermediate, speaking/writing/listening beginner)

Postby lingohot » Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:32 am

I'm a translator. I hold a master's degree in translation studies. I worked in the private sector for many years (both as a freelancer and as an employee), now I'm working abroad in the public sector and I am very, very happy with my job.
Last edited by lingohot on Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
5 x
Lingohot™ – the hots for languages ;) :o

ShawnP
Orange Belt
Languages: English (N), German (Learning)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3123

Postby ShawnP » Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:05 pm

Working hard for Uncle Joe Biden.
0 x
GERMAN GOALS

: 21 / 100 Assimil German
: 03 / 100 100 Hours Visual - YouTube videos/TV

deekin
White Belt
Languages: English (N), Spanish (DELE B2), French (beginner, started Oct 2023)

Postby deekin » Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:49 pm

I'm just finishing up my law degree and will be working in immigration after graduating.
0 x

Iversen
Black Belt - 4th Dan
Languages: Monolingual travels in Danish, English, German, Dutch, Swedish, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Catalan, Italian, Romanian and (part time) Esperanto
Ahem, not yet: Norwegian, Afrikaans, Platt, Scots, Russian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Albanian, Greek, Latin, Irish, Indonesian and a few more...
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1027

Postby Iversen » Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:52 pm

I'm retired so I just have to get up every morning and check that I'm alive.
7 x

Saudalmansour
White Belt

Postby Saudalmansour » Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:25 pm

Started a logistic business last year and now working 24/7. Show must go on!
0 x

Saudalmansour
White Belt

Postby Saudalmansour » Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:45 pm

I worked in the HR for over five yers and recently I decided to become a full time freelancer and I neve felt more powerful and free at the same time.
1 x

Exotic_sunset54
White Belt
Languages: English (N), Spanish (B2), Tagalog (Beginner)

Postby Exotic_sunset54 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:21 am

I work as a freelance writer.
0 x

jimmy
Green Belt
Languages: ...

Postby jimmy » Sat Dec 16, 2023 2:02 pm

hi,
eventually I took my passport and now consider job options in any Arab country. actually I have already applied to a job but wonder someone's ideas whether it would critically be low chance or impossible with my B2 English (ielts 5.5 (academic) overall) and B1or B2 arabic , but arabic has not been tested yet.
0 x
Self Taught - Autodidactic

Return to “Travel and Culture”