Language Material Swap Shop

Small area for language related software developers. If you have a feature request please put in the appropriate place. This area is for developers of language software and forum software development only.
rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Re: Language Material Swap Shop

Postby rdearman » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:42 am

MorkTheFiddle wrote:
rdearman wrote:
crush wrote:I think this is a great idea, i've had several great Assimil books that i've wanted to pass on over the years and ended up just giving them to people who i don't think ever used them. I've currently got quite a few Catalan books that i've been lugging with me forever because i haven't found anyone interested in reading them.

Yeah, that is my reasoning as well. I used to go around all the charity shops looking for language books. So I have tons of courses in languages I no longer have any intention of learning. Be nice to know they going to a good home.

BTW I setup a github account for this once, and spent all of about 15 minutes working on a Postgresql DB scheme for it. Is anyone going to setup a github repository for this? Or shall I publish the location of the one I setup and the rubbish work I did can just be deleted. :)

What ever happened to this initiative?
And how about a book swap annex called "Give Aways"? I've got stuff I leave at a local used book store for "credit," but the credit is hardly worth the trip. I don't like to leave stuff at a place like Goodwill for fear they will end up on the goodwill manager's home bookshelf.
What to do?

I was thinking about this the other day and was tempted to just list the stuff I have on a thread in the resources area and just offer to swap. Not a programmed flash website, but it would work. :)
1 x
: 0 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

MorkTheFiddle
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: English (N). Read (only) French and Spanish. Studying Ancient Greek. Studying a bit of Latin. Once studied Old Norse. Dabbled in Catalan, Provençal and Italian.
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 11#p133911

Re: Language Material Swap Shop

Postby MorkTheFiddle » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:12 pm

Yes, it would work. Good idea.
0 x
Many things which are false are transmitted from book to book, and gain credit in the world. -- attributed to Samuel Johnson

Return to “Development Area”