Favicon location

Small area for language related software developers. If you have a feature request please put in the appropriate place. This area is for developers of language software and forum software development only.
AlexTG
Green Belt
Languages: Easy to Read: English(N), French, Spanish
Able to Read: German, Latin
Learning to Read: Japanese, Hindi/Urdu

Favicon location

Postby AlexTG » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:28 am

On Opera browser the facicon's not showing on all pages. I was looking at the unilang github and they have a commit with the description "moved favicon to right place", which puts the favicon in the root phpbb directory. When I do that on my local phpbb copy it works like a charm, I get the favicon everywhere. I know we're supposed to do pull requests for our changes but it's such a small change it'd probably be easier for EMK to just do it directly right?

The favicon is currently accessible at "http://forum.language-learners.org/images/favicon.ico", which is separate from the github repo.
0 x

rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Re: Favicon location

Postby rdearman » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:44 am

AlexTG wrote:On Opera browser the facicon's not showing on all pages. I was looking at the unilang github and they have a commit with the description "moved favicon to right place", which puts the favicon in the root phpbb directory. When I do that on my local phpbb copy it works like a charm, I get the favicon everywhere. I know we're supposed to do pull requests for our changes but it's such a small change it'd probably be easier for EMK to just do it directly right?

The favicon is currently accessible at "http://forum.language-learners.org/images/favicon.ico", which is separate from the github repo.

I copied it to both locations, rather than move it. Hopefully that fixes the problem.
1 x
: 0 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

AlexTG
Green Belt
Languages: Easy to Read: English(N), French, Spanish
Able to Read: German, Latin
Learning to Read: Japanese, Hindi/Urdu

Re: Favicon location

Postby AlexTG » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:53 am

Yep that did it, thanks!
0 x

Return to “Development Area”