Team French Thread - Le Fil d'équipe français

Ongoing language-learning challenges, and team challenge logs (but not individual logs)
PeterMollenburg
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: English (N), French (B2-certified), Dutch (High A2?), Spanish (~A1), German (long-forgotten 99%), Norwegian (false starts in 2020 & 2021)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=18080

Team French Thread - Le Fil d'équipe français

Postby PeterMollenburg » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:12 am

This is the team thread for French. New members welcome. This thread started at the start of 2015 on HTLAL. To go to the start of that thread, here's the link:
http://how-to-learn-any-language.com/fo ... PN=6&TPN=1

And here is a copy of the first post by Jeffers:
Welcome to the group thread for Team Français. (Title subject to change).

For those who may not be familiar with "TAC", it stands for "Total Annihilation Challenge", the idea being that, over the course of the year, you would destroy obstacles to learning your target language.

Folks can do a TAC as an individual participant, or they can choose to join a team of others learning the same language/s. (There are also other combinations, e.g. languages from the same family.)

As a team member, you would be expected to:
- Support each other in language learning: answer questions if you're able to; offer advice; give encouragement; tell others about useful resources, websites, books, etc.
- Have a log: record your progress and language work done; share discoveries about your target language; note challenges and setbacks; -- Whatever language-related stuff you wish: it's your log! (If you're posting in French a lot, though, you may also wish to have a translation/ precis for those of your team-mates (or anyone else) whose level of French isn't up to understanding your posts.)
- Follow your team-mates' logs.
- Try to post at least something monthly. If you don't manage to post for two months, we will send out the chiens de recherche.

Those are the essentials. We could also have group activities. Luke has already made some good suggestions.

To join this team:
- post on the TAC 2015 Official Thread
- create a log (or just use your current log), and post a link on the TAC 2015 Official Thread
- post a reply on this thread with a link to your log
- your post on this thread should include your favourite French: book, comic/BD, film, TV series, audiobook/podcast, textbook, audio learning resource, video learning resource, web-based learning resource. (Try to post one for each, but if you don't have a favourite for a category leave it blank.

[Note: most of this is copied and pasted from last year's Team "Deuxième" thread.]

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------
You can copy and paste the following for your signup post:
Username:
Level in French:
Link to log:
Favourite book:
Favourite comic/BD:
Favourite film:
Favourite TV series:
Favourite band/singer/musician:
Favourite audiobook/podcast:
Favourite textbook:
Favourite audio learning resource:
Favourite video learning resource:
Favourite web-based learning resource:
Anything else about your learning journey:

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------

Team Information

Team co-leaders: PeterMollenburg and Jeffers (moi-même!)

Team deputies: Luke and Mohave

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To go to the end of that thread, here's the link:
http://how-to-learn-any-language.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=39852&PN=6&TPN=14

If you want to join I suggest you bring yourself up to speed with the issues with the HTLAL website and why this temporary version has been created. If you just want to 'join' instantaneously then either join here or there. I would recommend you join here, but that's your choice.
Last edited by PeterMollenburg on Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

PeterMollenburg
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: English (N), French (B2-certified), Dutch (High A2?), Spanish (~A1), German (long-forgotten 99%), Norwegian (false starts in 2020 & 2021)

Re: Team Français - TAC 2015 - TEAM THREAD

Postby PeterMollenburg » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:13 am

Today due to the really low activity in the French team thread on both websites, i've messaged every French team member who's been inactive for some time on HTLAL.com to give them a nudge as well as mentioning this alternative website where many of us are now active with our individual logs. Feel free to give this very inactive team thread some new action.

PM

7 rounds of burgers thanks, yep, that's what i said, like thanks an' that, for real
0 x

tomgosse
Brown Belt
Languages: Anglais (langue maternelle)
Français (A1)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1185

Postby tomgosse » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:28 pm

PeterMollenburg wrote:Today due to the really low activity in the French team thread on both websites, i've messaged every French team member who's been inactive for some time on HTLAL.com to give them a nudge as well as mentioning this alternative website where many of us are now active with our individual logs. Feel free to give this very inactive team thread some new action.

PM

7 rounds of burgers thanks, yep, that's what i said, like thanks an' that, for real

merci pour votre message.
cette année c'est très mauvais
je suis malade et ma femme est mort.

I am just getting back to studying French.
I am using these resources:
French In Action
Pimsleur French
Duolingo
Memrise

I hope to be more active for the rest of the year and next year. Because of the problems with the original HTLAL site I will most likely only post here.

Bonne chance,
Tom
2 x
Rejoignez notre groupe français ! Les Voyageurs

PeterMollenburg
Black Belt - 3rd Dan

Postby PeterMollenburg » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:43 pm

tomgosse wrote:
PeterMollenburg wrote:Today due to the really low activity in the French team thread on both websites, i've messaged every French team member who's been inactive for some time on HTLAL.com to give them a nudge as well as mentioning this alternative website where many of us are now active with our individual logs. Feel free to give this very inactive team thread some new action.

PM

French In Action
Pimsleur French
Duolingo
Memrise

I hope to be more active for the rest of the year and next year. Because of the problems with the original HTLAL site I will most likely only post here.

Bonne chance,
Tom

Tom that's terrible news :( I'm so sorry to learn of your wife's passing. I hope you get better soon yourself. Thank you for responding. I hope also your French brings some positivity to your life.
1 x

tomgosse
Brown Belt
Languages: Anglais (langue maternelle)
Français (A1)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1185

Postby tomgosse » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:06 pm

PeterMollenburg wrote:
tomgosse wrote:

PM

French In Action
Pimsleur French
Duolingo
Memrise

Bonne chance,
Tom

Tom that's terrible news :( I'm so sorry to learn of your wife's passing. I hope you get better soon yourself. Thank you for responding. I hope also your French brings some positivity to your life.

je vous remercie pour vos aimables paroles
Tom
0 x
Rejoignez notre groupe français ! Les Voyageurs

Mohave
Orange Belt
Languages: English (Native),
French (enjoying and still learning the language)
Spanish (Beginner)
Language Log: http://how-to-learn-any-language.org/vi ... f=15&t=766

Postby Mohave » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:06 pm

tomgosse wrote:

PM

French In Action
Pimsleur French
Duolingo
Memrise

Bonne chance,
Tom

Tom - My heart goes out to you! I am so sorry to hear about your wife! I hope your memories are easing your pain, and that you are taking care of yourself. I'm glad you rejoined us, and that your studies in French will help you find solace.
1 x
Spanish Motivation: Dec 2018 - Costa Rica
Spanish Pimsleur 3: 6 / 30 Assimil: 56 / 100
Spanish Super Challenge Books: 2 / 50 Movies: 0 / 100
French Super Challenge Books: 24 / 100 Movies: 22 / 100

My Goodreads

rlnv
Orange Belt
Languages: English

Re: Team French Thread - Le Fil d'équipe français

Postby rlnv » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:54 pm

Hey all. I've been working fairly consistently most of the year on French, but have not been participating in forum activity until fairly recently. I'm pretty driven with regard to studying or consuming French media, but up until now I haven't been working on any output skills. A do participate in the 6WC challenges as rlnv775, and also keep a log here at language-learners.com.

So please accept my formal request for membership. :D I probably need more help than I can help, but I'll try to participate where I can.

Username: rlnv

Level in French: I'll guess B1 reading skill. Not far behind with listening skills. I'll know in about a month how my output skills work!

Link to log: Un voyage français

Favourite book: I'll haven't read it yet. :D

Favourite comic/BD: I need to do more of this for sure!

Favourite film: Anything by Eric Rohmer. I have them all on DVD, and it's hard to pick a favorite. Ma nuit chez Maude peut-être.

Favourite TV series: Buffy! Joking, but it is what I'm about to watch 8 seasons of, so I better like it at least a bit.

Favourite band/singer/musician: Impossible. I have like many thousands of MP3's, CD's, and records. But a recent favorite is Vicky Leandros.

Favourite audiobook/podcast: Hmm.

Favourite textbook: Does Assimil count?

Favourite audio learning resource: http://gutenberg.org/

Favourite video learning resource: FIA

Favourite web-based learning resource: http://forum.language-learners.org

Anything else about your learning journey: Are we there yet?
1 x

rlnv
Orange Belt
Languages: English

Postby rlnv » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:37 pm

tomgosse wrote:

French In Action
Pimsleur French
Duolingo
Memrise

Bonne chance,
Tom

Tom, sorry to hear about your misfortune this year. Please accept my condolences.
1 x

extralean
Orange Belt
Languages: English N
French C1
Spanish B2
Italian A2
German A1
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1283

Postby extralean » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:59 am

Bon, bien que c'est très triste l'histoire de Tom; et je te donne mes condoléances; ç'a un peu coupé l'élan de cet discussion. Je suis content de voir qu'il y a un fil que pour nous qui affrontons la langue française.

Moi je vise au plus haut; vers le sommet et même plus loin encore; vers les étoiles et le certificat C2.

J'ai commencé un log ici. J'aimerai vous voir écrivant dedans!

Et voici mes réponses aux questions:
Favourite book: Ma plus récent revu de 5 étoiles sur goodreads était pour Les Désorientés par Amin Maalouf
Favourite band/singer/musician: Maitre Gims/Aznavour/Grand Corps Malade/Christophe Maé.
Favourite textbook: Assimil
Favourite audio learning resource: Streaming radio.

Anything else about your learning journey: Rien de très intéressant.

En esperant que ce post relance un peu ce fil.
1 x
: 53 / 52 53/52 Book Challenge. Reading: Ourania - J.M.G Le Clezio

Arnaud
Blue Belt
Languages: Native: French
Intermediate: English, Russian, Italian
Tourist : Breton, Greek, Chinese, Japanese, German, Spanish, Latin
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=1524

Postby Arnaud » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:30 am

deleted
Last edited by Arnaud on Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

Return to “Language Challenges”