6 Week Challenge Winners (2011-2024)

Ongoing language-learning challenges, and team challenge logs (but not individual logs)
Teango
Blue Belt
Languages: en (n)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 9&p=235545

6 Week Challenge Winners (08/2019)

Postby Teango » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:21 pm

source: teango.wordpress.com (Teango)

A grandiose air-oud salute and الف مبروك to xbrilliantyears for scoring their first gold in the August 2019 6WC, accompanied by serpent849 who clocked up almost 200 hours in the rhythm and bass section across at least 16 different languages!!

Well done also to our runners-up in both target and total languages categories (knitguy, xgaelicwitch, xbrilliantyears [total hours], and AnyaPop), and to everyone who took part in the challenge despite an initial period of server outage during the first week and a technical hiatus earlier in May. You guys rock! 8-)
Last edited by Teango on Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
9 x

brilliantyears
Green Belt
Languages: Dutch, English
Active: Japanese (JLPT N2~N1), Russian (B1)
Maintaining: German (?)
Low-key: Ainu, Mandarin (A2?)
Dropped: Arabic, Korean, French, Latin, classical Manchu, Norwegian, SLN
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=19020

Re: 6 Week Challenge Winners (2011-2019)

Postby brilliantyears » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:29 am

Not gonna lie, your wrap up posts always feel like receiving a trophy for the hard work, so thank you :D
5 x

Teango
Blue Belt

Re: 6 Week Challenge Winners (2011-2021)

Postby Teango » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:29 am

source: pixabay.com (publicdomainpictures) and flaticon.com (freepik), modified by teango

Apologies for the absence of wrap-up posts lately. In the meantime, I've kept our table of 6WC winners up-to-date, however I've been otherwise largely absent from the forum since the end of 2019 due to the vagaries of life.

Congratulations to our target language winners from the previous 3 challenges: vhFreya with Japanese (May 2020), BrunUgle with Turkish (Feb 2020), and carlyd734 with German (Nov 2019). You guys all deserve a virtual packet of continental biscuits with ingredients written in 10 languages on the back of the packaging! The runners-up (languagewitch, alaart4, dicentra8, arizakai, and pamelasm) get to quarrel over any wayward crumbs IN THOSE LANGUAGES while wearing masks and keeping social distance.

Well done also to serpent849 (May 2020, Nov 2019) and languagewitch (Feb 2020) for finishing first in the total language hours category, and to alaart4, languagewitch, BrunUgle, dicentra8, xgaelicwitch [are you and languagewitch in the same coven by any chance?] for coming in second and third place. Go check your fridge or cupboard for calorific treats too, you've earned it! :)
Last edited by Teango on Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
7 x

Teango
Blue Belt

6 Week Challenge Winners (11/2020)

Postby Teango » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:51 am

source: pixabay.com (saramarses, mediengestalter, 6wcbot, clkerfreevectorimages), modified by teango

It's time to charge your Viking horns and thump your wooden shields, yes, it's already the end of the November 2020 6 Week Challenge! And after counting up the hours, I'm happy to report we have our first ever win for target hours with Norwegian!!

And listen...do you hear that? Rising from the distant great hall, a big raucous cheer spreads out across the land and out to Valhalla for PMollenburg, scoring his first gold in the Challenge [edit]. This is shortly followed by a chorus of colorful merry oaths for alaart4's 3 successive medals in a row and carld734's 4th medal for target hours.

And so on to total hours...and by Odin, serpentserpent849 and languagewitch_ have scored gold and bronze respectively in the same positions for 3 challenges in a row, flanking our current challenge's silver medalist lingua2016. What's going on? What witchcraft is this?? Whatever the sorcery involved, 'tis well fought. Warriors raise your battle axes in salute to all the hours and energy these heroes have invested!

And congratulations, as always, to everyone who took part this year. With 2021 looming on the horizon like Northern Lights, it's perhaps time to look at the path behind you that lead you to this point in time, with a view to looking forward to all the new possibilities and adventures that lay ahead.

Never give up on your hopes and always believe in yourself, no matter what the naysayers and haters do to otherwise trip you up or keep you down. So long as you keep moving onward and upward, trust that every little step brings you closer to your goals and dreams.

Ha en flott juleferie and de beste ønsker for det nye året!
(Have a great winter vacation and best wishes for the new year!)

T.
Last edited by Teango on Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
9 x

Elsa Maria
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N), Intermediate Danish.
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=6009

Re: 6 Week Challenge Winners (2011-2020)

Postby Elsa Maria » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:05 pm

Congrats to the winners!

I had not done one in quite a while, and it was a pleasure. And whenever I start thinking that I am bad at languages, I will ask myself if I am putting in the number of hours that I see at the top of these charts!
3 x
Corrections are always welcome.

Teango
Blue Belt

Re: 6 Week Challenge Winners (2011-2021)

Postby Teango » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:05 pm

PeterMollenburg wrote:Correction needed Teango. Yes this is the first 6WC for PMollenburg, but my actual second run. Somewhere wayback perhaps in 2016 or 2017 I also took part under the almost unrecognizable pseudonym of PeterMollenburg. I did not complete the challenge and officially left after perhaps three weeks of pushing myself a little too hard.

Sorry Pete, you're absolutely right. I've since spotted your highly cryptic pseudonym in a couple of tables among the old highscores. By Odin's beard, I'll amend my post accordingly, and congratulations once again! :)
2 x

Return to “Language Challenges”