My 90 Day Mandarin Challenge

Ongoing language-learning challenges, and team challenge logs (but not individual logs)
SimonTW

My 90 Day Mandarin Challenge

Postby SimonTW » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:28 am

Hi everyone.
My name is Simon and I live in Taiwan.

Originally from the UK I came to Taiwan thinking wouldn’t be here long enough to need the language.

Fast forward far too many years and I realised I DID need the language as we decided to stay here and my speaking ability was still very bad. Embarrassingly bad.

So embarrassing that I finally decided to make some big improvement.

I also decided to do it publicly so that the pressure was on and I couldn’t just give up or get distracted with life.

Not sure if I am allowed to post this but here it is, week 1 so you can see where I am at:
http://www.dawnoftruth.com/speak-chinese-week-1/

Anyone here who wants to assist with little 15 min chats in Chinese please get in touch. I need all the help I can get!

Thanks for reading.
Simon
0 x

Elenia
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: English (N), Swedish (C1), French (Massively Atrophied) German (lowly beginner, somehow learnt to read)

Finnish?!
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=708

Re: My 90 Day Mandarin Challenge

Postby Elenia » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:18 pm

Good luck with your challenge! As a note, I think this should probably in the 'logs' section of the forum - hopefully one of the mods will move it for you.

And, as a complete, unrelated-to-language aside - have you ever read any of the Nutritious Movement stuff? I found it extremely interesting. I myself am suffering from a knee injury brought about by tight and underdeveloped leg muscles. It's probably not very necessary for you, as from your site you seem to have all bases covered, but Katy Bowman's complete lifestyle overhaul is interesting.
0 x

SimonTW

Re: My 90 Day Mandarin Challenge

Postby SimonTW » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:19 am

Many thanks for taking a look at the blog and yes sorry everyone if this in the wrong place.

Not heard of that book but shall have a look thanks for the recommendation. I have a post coming soon for the knees as so many people seem effected by knee issues.

Now back to my practice.

xie xie.
0 x

Return to “Language Challenges”