Super Challenge 2016-17 DISCUSSION THREAD

Ongoing language-learning challenges, and team challenge logs (but not individual logs)
Allison
Orange Belt
Languages: English (native), Spanish (high intermediate-ish), American Sign Language (ASL) (I dabble occasionally)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5177

Re: Super Challenge 2016-17 DISCUSSION THREAD

Postby Allison » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:27 am

It looks like the bot hasn't been responding to anyone for about 18 hours.

Edit: now it's working again
0 x
Correcciones son bienvenidas.

Spanish Super Challenge, as of March 1, 2017:
SC: 1598 / 5000 pages
SC: 3771 / 9000 minutes
SC: 305 / 610 days

NoManches
Green Belt
Languages: English - (N)
Spanish - B2++ (estimated)
Some day (far from now): Portuguese, Lao, and/or Italian
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2513

Postby NoManches » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:28 am

Allison wrote:I noticed today that it's the exact halfway point through the Super Challenge. How's everyone doing?

I'm doing a full Spanish Challenge, and I'm behind, but not so behind that it's impossible to catch up.

I'm getting there! I still have a long way to go but I am making a decent amount of progress given my busy schedule.

I'm curious to see how others are doing. I have noticed that a few people are doing really well and I'm curious to see if they have seen any results given the massive amount of input they have received due to the SC.

Good luck to everyone and keep pushing on!
0 x
Super Challenge:
: 3400 / 5000 Spanish books
: 6720 / 9000 Spanish films

PeterMollenburg
Brown Belt
Languages: English (N), French (B2-certified), Dutch (High A2?), Spanish (~A1), German (long-forgotten 99%)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=784

Postby PeterMollenburg » Wed May 10, 2017 10:09 am

Anyone know why i can't access the super challenge website? Anyone else been having issues? I haven't been able to access it for ~1 month, just curious to see where I stand and if my progress graphs have improved but I can never get the page to load lately (computer idiot here, i.e. do not get IT technical at all, I'll be lost after 'url').
0 x

Brun Ugle
Brown Belt
Languages: English (N), Norwegian (~C1/C2), Spanish (B1/B2), Esperanto (A2?), German (A2/B1?), Japanese (very rusty), Finnish (just started)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5170

Postby Brun Ugle » Wed May 10, 2017 11:14 am

PeterMollenburg wrote:Anyone know why i can't access the super challenge website? Anyone else been having issues? I haven't been able to access it for ~1 month, just curious to see where I stand and if my progress graphs have improved but I can never get the page to load lately (computer idiot here, i.e. do not get IT technical at all, I'll be lost after 'url').

It went down when the forum was hacked and they haven't gotten it back up yet. They're working on it, but getting the forum itself fixed has been more of a priority. Also all tweets from 21 April to 3 May weren't processed and have to be sent again.
1 x
(aka Easily Distracted Tortoise)

: 13811 / 50000 words - Output Challenge Spanish Writing
: 477 / 3000 minutes - Output Challenge Spanish Speaking

PeterMollenburg
Brown Belt
Languages: English (N), French (B2-certified), Dutch (High A2?), Spanish (~A1), German (long-forgotten 99%)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=784

Postby PeterMollenburg » Wed May 10, 2017 11:37 am

Brun Ugle wrote:
PeterMollenburg wrote:Anyone know why i can't access the super challenge website? Anyone else been having issues? I haven't been able to access it for ~1 month, just curious to see where I stand and if my progress graphs have improved but I can never get the page to load lately (computer idiot here, i.e. do not get IT technical at all, I'll be lost after 'url').

It went down when the forum was hacked and they haven't gotten it back up yet. They're working on it, but getting the forum itself fixed has been more of a priority. Also all tweets from 21 April to 3 May weren't processed and have to be sent again.

Awesome, just what i needed. Thanks so much Brun Ugle.
0 x

rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
French (studies), Italian (studies), Mandarin (studies),
Esperanto TAC (Only god knows why), Finnish (only in it for the cookies)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Postby rdearman » Wed May 10, 2017 1:44 pm

On a brighter note, I have managed to get a test version of the super challenge bot up and running. So it is being packaged up, and as soon as we work out how to proxy multiple websites from this server, then we'll be in business.
5 x

Faleyle
Languages: German (N), English, Spanish (B1), French, Japanese (N5)

Postby Faleyle » Wed May 10, 2017 5:00 pm

Allison wrote:I noticed today that it's the exact halfway point through the Super Challenge. How's everyone doing?

I'm doing a full Spanish Challenge, and I'm behind, but not so behind that it's impossible to catch up.

I signed up for two full challenges: Spanish and French. I have no problem to finish the Spanish one. I have half the amount of films and books needed. However, I am completely behind for French as I only started this month. I try to catch up for films, but I know it is impossible to read that many books.
0 x

Return to “Language challenges & teams”