La Manada: Intermediate / Advanced Spanish TAC 2016

Ongoing language-learning challenges, and team challenge logs (but not individual logs)
reineke
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: Fox (C4)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=6979

Re: La Manada: Intermediate / Advanced Spanish TAC 2016

Postby reineke » Sun May 01, 2016 8:10 pm

Converted to rugs? I've just launched a challenge to TAC participants to complete the Super Challenge by the end of the year. I hope they won't find it too... challenging.

faux.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 x

Stelle
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N1), French (N2), Spanish (advanced), Tagalog (basic), Russian (beginner)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=13312

Postby Stelle » Sun May 01, 2016 8:54 pm

reineke wrote:Converted to rugs? I've just launched a challenge to TAC participants to complete the Super Challenge by the end of the year. I hope they won't find it too... challenging.

faux.jpg

Are you calling us fakes? Ha!

OK, OK, you're both right. Time to get back on track.

I don't know about finishing the Super Challenge this year. An interesting thought, though, and an appropriate challenge for someone aiming for total annihilation...

My main focus for the next 8ish weeks is Italian, because we're going to Italy in July. But in the month of May, I also want to:

* FINISH El tiempo entre costuras. Finish it, I say! I'm currently on page 319 of 592.
* watch at least five episodes of El Internado (which will count as a little over 4 SC "films")

So, what say you lob@s? What are you working on this month?
0 x

Cavesa
Black Belt - 4th Dan
Languages: Czech (N), French (C2) English (C1), Italian (C1), Spanish, German (C1)

Postby Cavesa » Sun May 01, 2016 10:09 pm

This month, I plan to read one book (a historical novel) in Spanish, continue watching Aguila Roja, and complete some of those progress bars haunting my log. Other than that, I've been writting some posts to a forum in Spanish and plan to continue, that is pretty much all for this month. I don't wanna decorate Reineke's home. :-)
0 x

Spoonary
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N)
Español (Adv), Italiano (Int), Esperanto (I try)

Postby Spoonary » Mon May 02, 2016 8:07 am

I haven't decided exactly what I will be doing this month in Spanish. I'll basically be trying to read and watch as much as possible.
0 x

Yuurei
Green Belt
Languages: German (N), English, French, Japanese, Spanish, Latin, Italian
Studying: Japanese, Chinese, Korean
Maintaining: French, Spanish
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1721

Postby Yuurei » Mon May 02, 2016 10:45 am

Ah, the wolves have awoken from hibernation. XD

reineke wrote:Converted to rugs? I've just launched a challenge to TAC participants to complete the Super Challenge by the end of the year. I hope they won't find it too... challenging.

Hah, I'd be very tempted to take you up on that challenge, but ~4.3 hours (or ~6.5 40-minute episodes) per week seems a bit much on the watching side - especially considering that I'd still want to watch at least a minimum in my other languages each week.
If it was a reading-only thing, I'd probably be game. How about it? Anyone want to read 5000 pages of Spanish till the end of the year? :lol:

As for the month of May, I'll be doing more of the usual: watching some TV episodes and reading. I just started a new book on the weekend (El imperio final), which I'm enjoying a lot. :D
1 x

evilado
White Belt
Languages: English (N), Spanish(Adv), Mandarin (Lower Intermediate)
Not Actively Studying: French (Intermediate)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1796

Postby evilado » Mon May 02, 2016 5:18 pm

Signed up for the Super again, reading should be easy to complete in 20 months, unpleasant to complete by the end of the year :( . I'm sticking to TV & movies only this time, no audiobooks or podcasts, so I may end up watching lots of dubbed Buffy.
1 x

reineke
Black Belt - 3rd Dan

Postby reineke » Mon May 02, 2016 6:26 pm

TAC is flexible, but it's supposed to be challenging. How about a 10K TAC Challenge - the equivalent of 10,000 pages spread across up to 4 of your languages? Input and output count. 50 hours of audio = 1000 pages. That's a few minutes over 2 hours each day if you're only watching soaps or one hour of reading per day. Super Challenge participation counts, of course.

An FSI Category I course is conducted over 23-24 weeks for a total of 575-600 hours. Ideally I would like to hit this number by the end of the year.
0 x

reineke
Black Belt - 3rd Dan

Postby reineke » Thu May 12, 2016 11:36 pm

Auuuuu.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 x

Stelle
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N1), French (N2), Spanish (advanced), Tagalog (basic), Russian (beginner)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=13312

Postby Stelle » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:25 am

¡Hola lob@s! ¿Qué tal todos? Hace mucho tiempo que no nos hablamos. Es culpa mía. La verdad es que hago muy mal mi trabajo de líder de manada.

¿Qué estáis haciendo en español? Sigo leyendo, pero eso es todo. No he visto o escuchado nada desde hace muchas semanas. Terminé dos libros desde la última vez que escribí aquí: El Tiempo entre costuras, y Harry Potter y la Orden del Fénix. Pues, El Tiempo entre costuras no me gustó tanto, pero ¡estoy contentísima de haber terminado! Empecé a leer esta bestia con @Spoonary, hace muchos meses. El quinto Harry Potter me gustó mucho más.

Fui de camping la semana pasada. Ví una manada de lobos a la reserva forestal. Había seis adultos y dos críos. Eran muy preciosos. Pensí en vosotr@s. ¡jaja! Tambiém ví un oso cerca de mi tienda, pero por suerte decidió marcharse sin molestarnos. Dormí un poco mal esa noche.

Habladme del verano hasta ahora. ¿Está todo bien? (O si estáis al otro lado del mundo, podéis hablar del invierno en lugar. ¡Ja!)
4 x

Spoonary
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N)
Español (Adv), Italiano (Int), Esperanto (I try)

Postby Spoonary » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:07 pm

¡Buenas! No te culpes, Stelle. Cualquiera podría haber escrito algo aquí para reanimar al grupo a participar pero creo que la llegada del verano nos ha disuadido a todos de estudiar. :?

Lo único que estoy haciendo yo últimamente es leer La casa de los espíritus (que volví a abrir ayer después de un tiempo en el que lo tenía un poco abandonado) y ver la segunda temporada de Vis a vis (con toda la calma del mundo porque no quiero que acabe nunca).
3 x

Return to “Language Challenges”