TAC sign-up

Ongoing language-learning challenges, and team challenge logs (but not individual logs)
Woodsei
Yellow Belt
Languages: English (N), Arabic (N), Japanese (intermediatish)

Re: TAC sign-up

Postby Woodsei » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:46 pm

Already did, Amy :) Whatever works for you guys is fine. Glad to be on the team with the rest of y'all :D
0 x
Tadoku: 1 / 1000

LMAshton
Yellow Belt
Languages: English N,
German A1, Spanish A0, French A0
Next: Plautdeutsch, Sinhala
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1729

Postby LMAshton » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:41 pm

Alright, I'll stay with the co-leading thing. But the offer still stands if someone else wants to lead.
2 x
LMAshton on Memrise.
: 114 / 1612 German A2 on Memrise
: 188 / 5038 German 5000 Words on Memrise
: 1017 / 1706 Spanish A1 on Memrise
: 1479 / 1663 French A1 on Memrise
: 53 / 5000 French 5000 Words on Memrise

Brun Ugle
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: English (N), Norwegian (~C1/C2), Spanish (B1/B2), German (A2/B1?), Japanese (very rusty)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=11484

Postby Brun Ugle » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:19 pm

It looks like things are calming down a little. I think I have everything pretty much up-to-date on the first page now. I haven't gone hunting down links to people's logs, but I've copied the lists of links from team pages. There are probably still some mistakes, and I haven't yet gone through the whole thread to see if I've missed anyone, nor have I checked the links. So feel free to check your own information and let me know if I got something wrong. I will continue to make adjustments as I have time, energy and information.

Regarding the German/Spanish team. I contacted Cavesa and she is still interested in being on the team, but she's been taking a few days offline. One of us will make the team log in the next couple of days.

I'm glad to see that we've managed to get a few teams off the ground in spite of the weak start. So, let's get going and make this a great year. And if anyone still wants to sign up, there's still time.

And now, maybe I can start my own log and get some studying done. :D
9 x

Gaedheal92
White Belt
Languages: English (N), Irish

Postby Gaedheal92 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:45 pm

Hey,

Could I please be added to the Celtic team? I'll be studying Old Irish.

My log:
http://forum.language-learners.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1860

Thanks!
1 x

tarvos
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Native: NL, EN
Professional: ES, RU
Speak well: DE, FR, RO, EO, SV
Speak reasonably: IT, ZH, PT, NO, EL, CZ
Need improvement: PO, IS, HE, JP, KO, HU, FI
Passive: AF, DK, LAT
Dabbled in: BRT, ZH (SH), BG, EUS, ZH (CAN), and a whole lot more.
Language Log: http://how-to-learn-any-language.com/fo ... PN=1&TPN=1

Postby tarvos » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:15 pm

I'm doing too many languages for me to really pick one specific thing, but I'll stick with the Esperanto and the Russian team to make it easy to oversee. The other main languages are Icelandic, Eastern European languages and Italian and the only one of those that would require a team is Italian, and my Italian is a fairly short-lived project (because it's way too easy for me).
0 x
I hope your world is kind.

Is a girl.

Hank
Green Belt
Languages: English (N), Spanish (intermediate), Welsh (studying)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1833

Postby Hank » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:58 pm

I'll go for Team Spanish.

Link to my log:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1833
0 x
Future travel plans:
2020: Cruise to Dominican Republic, Turks and Caicos, Bahamas

Jinx
Yellow Belt
Languages: English (N), German (adv), varying levels of French, Esperanto, Dutch, Portuguese, Italian, Spanish, Croatian, Catalan, Mandarin, Japanese
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=16835

Postby Jinx » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:22 am

One question regarding the TAC: are we still required to make a dedicated log separate from our personal log? I've already started my general personal log. If a separate TAC log is required, I will probably be posting identical updates to both, which seems unnecessarily redundant. Alternatively, does anyone know if it's possible to temporarily add the letters "TAC" to the title of one's personal log and then remove them again once the challenge is over?
1 x
Feel free to add me on Goodreads.
Pronouns: she/her.
Corrections welcome!

galaxyrocker
Brown Belt
Languages: English (N), Irish (Teastas Eorpach na Gaeilge B2), French, dabbling elsewhere sometimes
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=757

Postby galaxyrocker » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:30 am

Jinx wrote:One question regarding the TAC: are we still required to make a dedicated log separate from our personal log? I've already started my general personal log. If a separate TAC log is required, I will probably be posting identical updates to both, which seems unnecessarily redundant. Alternatively, does anyone know if it's possible to temporarily add the letters "TAC" to the title of one's personal log and then remove them again once the challenge is over?

I'm not making a new log, and just going to keep using the one I have. Also, you can edit your title by clicking edit on the first post of the thread.
3 x

Jinx
Yellow Belt
Languages: English (N), German (adv), varying levels of French, Esperanto, Dutch, Portuguese, Italian, Spanish, Croatian, Catalan, Mandarin, Japanese
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=16835

Postby Jinx » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:41 am

galaxyrocker wrote:
Jinx wrote:One question regarding the TAC: are we still required to make a dedicated log separate from our personal log? I've already started my general personal log. If a separate TAC log is required, I will probably be posting identical updates to both, which seems unnecessarily redundant. Alternatively, does anyone know if it's possible to temporarily add the letters "TAC" to the title of one's personal log and then remove them again once the challenge is over?

I'm not making a new log, and just going to keep using the one I have. Also, you can edit your title by clicking edit on the first post of the thread.

Okay, I'll see about doing that. Thank you for the info, galaxyrocker!
0 x
Feel free to add me on Goodreads.
Pronouns: she/her.
Corrections welcome!

Tomás
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N). Currently studying Spanish (intermediate), French (false beginner).

TAC sign-up for Spanish

Postby Tomás » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:23 pm

Would like to join the beginner Spanish team. My log is at: http://forum.language-learners.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1867
1 x

Return to “Language Challenges”