TAC sign-up

Ongoing language-learning challenges, and team challenge logs (but not individual logs)
Josquin
Blue Belt
Languages: German (native); English (advanced fluency); French (basic fluency); Italian, Swedish, Russian, Irish (intermediate); Dutch, Icelandic, Japanese, Portuguese, Scottish Gaelic (beginner); Latin, Ancient Greek, Biblical Hebrew, Sanskrit (reading only)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=737

Re: TAC sign-up

Postby Josquin » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:05 pm

My apologies as well, LMAshton!

Being a TAC veteran, I'm very much used to the way "we used to do it". Maybe I simply have to get used to the idea that this TAC will be a little bit different.

In the past, when newbies led a team, they often abandoned it after a short time, so these rules were introduced. The difficult thing of a TAC is staying active the whole year. It's more of a marathon than a sprint, so you need stamina. If you think you can do that, there's no reason why you shouldn't become captain.

However, I agree with Serpent that leading two teams might be a little bit too much. This is simply spoken from experience and not intended to discourage you in any way. In any case, the sign-up process is always a bit chaotic with a lot of discussion, but everything will calm down very soon.
5 x
Oró, sé do bheatha abhaile! Anois ar theacht an tsamhraidh.

aliciaftw
White Belt
Languages: English (N), Learning Spanish and Korean
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1834

Postby aliciaftw » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:33 pm

And who is running the East Asian team? I had a look at Yuhakko's profile and they haven't been active on here for almost a month, which isn't that long but if that goes through into the year then it might be a little problematic. It might be a good idea to have a co-leader for the team, especially since it has quite a few members.

I'm wondering this as well at the moment.
1 x

amyhere
Yellow Belt
Languages: English (N), Français (~C1), Deutsch (~C1, ÖSD B2), 中文 (~A1), Suomi (~A1)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1540

Postby amyhere » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:39 pm

aliciaftw wrote:
And who is running the East Asian team? I had a look at Yuhakko's profile and they haven't been active on here for almost a month, which isn't that long but if that goes through into the year then it might be a little problematic. It might be a good idea to have a co-leader for the team, especially since it has quite a few members.

I'll add that I'm also a bit confused here.
1 x
ZH: NPCR Books 1-2: 26 / 26 Assimil: 69 / 105 FSI Pronunciation: 7 / 7
SpoonFed Anki Audio Sentences: 829 / 8142

galaxyrocker
Brown Belt
Languages: English (N), Irish (Teastas Eorpach na Gaeilge B2), French, dabbling elsewhere sometimes
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=757

Postby galaxyrocker » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:42 pm

amyhere wrote:
aliciaftw wrote:

I'll add that I'm also a bit confused here.

I'll third that, since the East Asian team is one I at least plan to frequent while my wanderlust is centered on Japanese.
0 x

Brun Ugle
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: English (N), Norwegian (~C1/C2), Spanish (B1/B2), German (A2/B1?), Japanese (very rusty)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=11484

Postby Brun Ugle » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:25 pm

I don't know what's going on with Yuhakko. It looks like AiyaLianxi has started a thread for the East Asian team, but I don't know if this means s/he is taking on leadership for the team or not. I would also suggest that it is usual to have the first post for a description of the team and a list of members and then reserve a few following posts for resources. It makes for a nice system of organization. Anyway, if AiyaLianxi or someone else wishes to take over as leader, speak up.
2 x

PolyglotMaya
Yellow Belt
Languages: English (N), Russian (N), French (advanced fluency), Japanese (JLPT N3), Spanish (intermediate)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1861

Postby PolyglotMaya » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:55 pm

I'd like to sign up for Japanese.

Hoping something gets sorted out with Team East Asia...
0 x
: 9 / 200 French active listening

: 464 / 2000 Japanese kanji

DEC
White Belt
Languages: Native: English
Studies: Serbian

Postby DEC » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:40 pm

I think, considering everything, I'll just do an individual TAC. Cheers.
0 x

Woodsei
Yellow Belt
Languages: English (N), Arabic (N), Japanese (intermediatish)

Postby Woodsei » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:07 am

I'm signing up for East Asian. If no leader has been introduced yet, I'd gladly offer to lead the team. I know my performance wasn't all that good last year, but this year I have time freed up, and a lot more stability, so I'll definitely keep the momentum. But, I leave it to everyone's discretion and preferences. Just let me know :)
0 x
Tadoku: 1 / 1000

Stelle
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N1), French (N2), Spanish (advanced), Tagalog (basic), Russian (beginner)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=13312

Postby Stelle » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:35 am

Yuurei has now joined La Manada (our new name for the upper intermediate / advanced Spanish team). BAnna has also joined as a casual member.

Updated roster for team Manada:
BAnna
Evilado
James29
Spoonary
Stelle
Yuurei
0 x

amyhere
Yellow Belt
Languages: English (N), Français (~C1), Deutsch (~C1, ÖSD B2), 中文 (~A1), Suomi (~A1)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1540

Postby amyhere » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:46 am

Woodsei wrote:I'm signing up for East Asian. If no leader has been introduced yet, I'd gladly offer to lead the team. I know my performance wasn't all that good last year, but this year I have time freed up, and a lot more stability, so I'll definitely keep the momentum. But, I leave it to everyone's discretion and preferences. Just let me know :)

Great to have you on the team! Since we haven't really yet organised where we're going with leadership, probably post on the thread and see what we work out?
0 x
ZH: NPCR Books 1-2: 26 / 26 Assimil: 69 / 105 FSI Pronunciation: 7 / 7
SpoonFed Anki Audio Sentences: 829 / 8142

Return to “Language Challenges”