TAC sign-up

Ongoing language-learning challenges, and team challenge logs (but not individual logs)
reddit lurker
Languages: English (N)

Re: TAC sign-up

Postby reddit lurker » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:36 am

tangleweeds wrote:It may have started as a joke, but I'd love to join a Team Wanderlust. Given the fun I'm having mixing things up, I don't feel I can commit to exclusively annihilating any particular one of my languages this year. I still feel the allure of Norwegian, plus I really should bring back my Japanese, considering that my brother has lived there for decades...

Anyone else out there having trouble committing to specific languages this year? Can the indecisive get it together to form a group?

that sounds like FUN! i'm totally on board with this.
3 x

reddit lurker

Postby reddit lurker » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:38 am

Brun Ugle, you have no idea seeing this sign-up thread made me! I'm so happy that the new forum will start a TAC of its own :) Already saw some posts on reddit about TAC too. yay!
1 x

Brun Ugle
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: English (N), Norwegian (~C1/C2), Spanish (B1/B2), German (A2/B1?), Japanese (very rusty)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=11484

Postby Brun Ugle » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:00 am

@tangleweeds and @geoffw
If you build it they will come. I've only put up teams where someone has said they will lead the team. So if you want to start a team, say so. Then start a team log and drum up membership. I find the idea of a team Wanderlust very tempting, but I feel it's probably a temptation I should avoid. :P
2 x

Via Diva
Green Belt
Languages: Russian (N), English (~C1), German (~B1)
Wanderlust/abandoned: Czech, Swedish, Italian, Modern Greek, Esperanto, French, Dutch, Finnish
Hit-list (?): Icelandic, Hungarian, Sanskrit
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=929

Postby Via Diva » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:13 am

I have no clear idea of what I am going to study and I always thought this won't be a problem, but... could you sign me up to Team Wanderlust, please?
4 x

tangleweeds
Green Belt
beginner: Irish
clearing cobwebs: Japanese
on the shelf: French, Latin
wanderlust: Norwegian, Vietnamese
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=705

Postby tangleweeds » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:45 am

I'm willing to lead team Wanderlust if no-one else is in a position to do it, but I have disabling health issues that have interfered with internet moderating responsibilities in the past, so I'm a little reluctant to take this on alone. If no-one else wants full responsibility, simply having a co-leader for backup would make things workable.

Wasn't Team Wanderlust originally jeff_lindqvist's idea? It would be handy if we had a way to "earburn" other members in posts like this.
2 x
Neurological odyssey is going better! Yay!

LMAshton
Yellow Belt
Languages: English N,
German A1, Spanish A0, French A0
Next: Plautdeutsch, Sinhala
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1729

Postby LMAshton » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:34 am

I would love it if someone would start a Team German and a Team Spanish. I'm new to the forum and have no idea how things generally work, plus I'm chronically ill and therefore not reliable, or I would do it. I'll be a co-group leader if need be, or an unofficial ego booster/something if that's wanted.
2 x
LMAshton on Memrise.
: 114 / 1612 German A2 on Memrise
: 188 / 5038 German 5000 Words on Memrise
: 1017 / 1706 Spanish A1 on Memrise
: 1479 / 1663 French A1 on Memrise
: 53 / 5000 French 5000 Words on Memrise

Brun Ugle
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: English (N), Norwegian (~C1/C2), Spanish (B1/B2), German (A2/B1?), Japanese (very rusty)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=11484

Postby Brun Ugle » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:42 am

LMAshton wrote:I would love it if someone would start a Team German and a Team Spanish. I'm new to the forum and have no idea how things generally work, plus I'm chronically ill and therefore not reliable, or I would do it. I'll be a co-group leader if need be, or an unofficial ego booster/something if that's wanted.

There has been some talk of a combined German & Spanish team for people studying both, but no one has officially joined or said they want to lead it. If no one suddenly says they want to be the leader in the next couple of days, I will start the team myself. Hopefully I won't be alone on the team.
2 x

LMAshton
Yellow Belt
Languages: English N,
German A1, Spanish A0, French A0
Next: Plautdeutsch, Sinhala
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1729

Postby LMAshton » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:53 am

I don't care if the team is for the individual languages or combined. Either way, I'm in.
2 x
LMAshton on Memrise.
: 114 / 1612 German A2 on Memrise
: 188 / 5038 German 5000 Words on Memrise
: 1017 / 1706 Spanish A1 on Memrise
: 1479 / 1663 French A1 on Memrise
: 53 / 5000 French 5000 Words on Memrise

tomgosse
Brown Belt
Languages: Anglais (langue maternelle)
Français (A1)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1185

Postby tomgosse » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:28 pm

Dear friends who are chronically ill,

Please don't let that stop you from starting or leading a group. I'm chronically ill with Chronic Kidney Disease, and I was able to start and maintain Les Voyageurs. If I can do it, so can you!

There may be some work involved at the beginning, but after you set up the group's first post, most of the work is just maintenance. I didn't have to do anything to it for a few weeks after setting it up. Then there is a short spurt of activity at the end of the year.

All the best in the coming year,
Tom
6 x
Rejoignez notre groupe français ! Les Voyageurs

Josquin
Blue Belt
Languages: German (native); English (advanced fluency); French (basic fluency); Italian, Swedish, Russian, Irish (intermediate); Dutch, Icelandic, Japanese, Portuguese, Scottish Gaelic (beginner); Latin, Ancient Greek, Biblical Hebrew, Sanskrit (reading only)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=737

Postby Josquin » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:06 pm

Okay, I hereby start a Celtic team for people interested in Irish, Scottish Gaelic, Manx, Welsh, Cornish, and/or Breton. I'm willing to lead it, so help me God, and I hope we'll attract enough members in order to have a successful TAC.

I'll start the team thread later. This also means that someone else will have to start and lead the Russian team.
5 x
Oró, sé do bheatha abhaile! Anois ar theacht an tsamhraidh.

Return to “Language Challenges”