Super Challenge: questions and discussion

Ongoing language-learning challenges, and team challenge logs (but not individual logs)
jmar257
Orange Belt
Posts: 152
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:41 pm
Location: USA
Languages: English (N), español (Intermediate), français (Lower Intermediate)

Tempted by: Latin, German
x 326

Re: Super Challenge: questions and discussion

Postby jmar257 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:03 pm

Does French in Action count for TV shows? It's a TV show that's all in French from what I remember, but it's not for natives.

Edit: How about YouTube videos?
1 x

jeffers
Green Belt
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:12 pm
Location: UK
Languages: Speaks: English (N), Hindi (A2-B1)

Learning: The above, plus French (A2-B1), German (A1), Ancient Greek (?), Sanskrit (beginner)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=13383
x 936
Contact:

Re: Super Challenge: questions and discussion

Postby jeffers » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:12 pm

jmar257 wrote:Does French in Action count for TV shows? It's a TV show that's all in French from what I remember, but it's not for natives.

Edit: How about YouTube videos?


I used FIA during the first ever Super Challenge, and it was acceptable because it is 100% in French. YouTube videos are fine as long as they meet the criteria: 100% in your target language and the minimum duration.
2 x
Starting the new Super Challenge!

User avatar
JohannaNYC
Yellow Belt
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:32 pm
Languages: In order of fluency: English (L2), Spanish (L1),
Italian (Adv.), Croatian (Int.), French (Adv. Beg.),
Egyptian Arabic (Beg.), Greek (New Beg.), Russian (New Beg.)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=15795
x 159

Re: Super Challenge: questions and discussion

Postby JohannaNYC » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:14 am

Since there's no bot for this year's Super Challenge, is it possible to restore the website for the 2018-2019 SC?
0 x
Corrections welcomed!

User avatar
rdearman
Site Admin
Posts: 5455
Joined: Thu May 14, 2015 4:18 pm
Location: United Kingdom
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836
x 14164
Contact:

Re: Super Challenge: questions and discussion

Postby rdearman » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:44 am

JohannaNYC wrote:Since there's no bot for this year's Super Challenge, is it possible to restore the website for the 2018-2019 SC?

No, if I could get to the website to do that, I'd setup the website for this year!
0 x
Anyone who thinks assembly language programming is difficult, obviously hasn't used Rust.

The Autodidactic Podcast
The Lollygagging Podcast

User avatar
JohannaNYC
Yellow Belt
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:32 pm
Languages: In order of fluency: English (L2), Spanish (L1),
Italian (Adv.), Croatian (Int.), French (Adv. Beg.),
Egyptian Arabic (Beg.), Greek (New Beg.), Russian (New Beg.)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=15795
x 159

Re: Super Challenge: questions and discussion

Postby JohannaNYC » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:53 pm

rdearman wrote:
JohannaNYC wrote:Since there's no bot for this year's Super Challenge, is it possible to restore the website for the 2018-2019 SC?

No, if I could get to the website to do that, I'd setup the website for this year!


:(
Thanks, for all your hard work
0 x
Corrections welcomed!

User avatar
rdearman
Site Admin
Posts: 5455
Joined: Thu May 14, 2015 4:18 pm
Location: United Kingdom
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836
x 14164
Contact:

Re: Super Challenge: questions and discussion

Postby rdearman » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:05 am

JohannaNYC wrote:
rdearman wrote:
JohannaNYC wrote:Since there's no bot for this year's Super Challenge, is it possible to restore the website for the 2018-2019 SC?

No, if I could get to the website to do that, I'd setup the website for this year!


:(
Thanks, for all your hard work

I have access to the database, i will see what I can do.
2 x
Anyone who thinks assembly language programming is difficult, obviously hasn't used Rust.

The Autodidactic Podcast
The Lollygagging Podcast


Return to “Language Challenges”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest