Super Challenge registration thread 2020

Ongoing language-learning challenges, and team challenge logs (but not individual logs)
RawToast
Languages: English (N), Japanese (JLPT N3)

Re: Super Challenge registration thread 2020

Postby RawToast » Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:35 pm

einzelne wrote:Also, 30 minutes of reading doesn't mean that I automatically stop reading after that. It's a minimum amount of time I tried to read every day. Again, since it's 30 min only, it's doesn't look too daunting. If you miss a day or two, you can easy catch it up over the weekend. And 30 min over the year, that translate into 150 hours per year or something like 20-25 books per year. I need French only to read specific books for my research, so French fiction is a pure hobby for me. I'd been trying to read more fiction in French but it's only when I implemented such "low intensity" goals when I started to read it regularly.

I do the same thing and found it very helpful. My Apple Books "reading goal" is only set to 5 minutes, but I don't read for just 5 minutes. It varies widely up to 90 minutes...

When I set the threshold much higher, it would be daunting and I'd just put it off. This low intensity goal has led to me reading daily for 3 months now, whereas before it would be much more sporadic.
2 x

jacobsims717
Languages: Native: English
Active: French A2
Other: Korean (A2) Spanish (high school)

Postby jacobsims717 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:11 am

Language:French
Challenge:Full (full, half, double)
Current level:A2
Comments, links:Here we go!
(Any comments you feel like adding as to your reasons for the choice of language, type of challenge or material or your expectations for the outcome. Feel free to post a link to your Twitter account and/or log)
:arrow:
0 x

Ahmet
Languages: Fluent in:Turkish(N), English(C1)
Studying: German

Postby Ahmet » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:15 pm

Language:German
Challenge:Full
Current level:A1
0 x

Return to “Language Challenges”