2020 366-day challenge! Rules, sign-up, discussion

Ongoing language-learning challenges, and team challenge logs (but not individual logs)
Sedge
Yellow Belt
Languages: English (native language)
Languages I have or currently am studying in order of proficiency:
German (B2)
Spanish (A1)
ASL (beginner)
Russian, Japanese, Icelandic (studied briefly or for specific purposes, may revisit later)

Re: 2020 366-day challenge! Rules, sign-up, discussion

Postby Sedge » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:02 pm

lingua wrote:I'm dropping the challenge. I think I've created the habit of studying everyday but I'm wanting to spend more time with Italian again so may want to take a day off here and there from PT/DE.

Sorry to see you go! The rules do also allow you to change or add to your languages, if you would still like to participate. I will mark you as dropped, but if you change your mind, just let me know and I can update your language selection and score!
0 x

Sedge
Yellow Belt
Languages: English (native language)
Languages I have or currently am studying in order of proficiency:
German (B2)
Spanish (A1)
ASL (beginner)
Russian, Japanese, Icelandic (studied briefly or for specific purposes, may revisit later)

Postby Sedge » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:50 pm

I put a post about this in the scoring thread as well but want to make sure everyone sees it. For some reason the forum has been telling me that my password is wrong the past couple of months, wouldn't let me reset my password, various troubleshooting was in vain. Today, mysteriously, with the same password (it is saved to my computer), it let me in. *sigh* computers. I'm still keeping track of everyone's scores even when I wasn't able to update on the forum, and I'm going to update October scores now and then (hopefully) update the main scoring thread.
3 x

verdastelo
Orange Belt
Languages: Punjabi (N), Hindi-Urdu (near-native), English (C1+), Russian (B1+), French (A2+), Chinese (A1+), Kannada (A0+)

Postby verdastelo » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:32 pm

Sedge wrote:I put a post about this in the scoring thread as well but want to make sure everyone sees it. For some reason the forum has been telling me that my password is wrong the past couple of months, wouldn't let me reset my password, various troubleshooting was in vain. Today, mysteriously, with the same password (it is saved to my computer), it let me in. *sigh* computers. I'm still keeping track of everyone's scores even when I wasn't able to update on the forum, and I'm going to update October scores now and then (hopefully) update the main scoring thread.

Glad to see you back! Thank you for all the great work for you have been doing.
0 x
The life of man is but a succession of vain hopes and groundless fears. — Monte(s)quieu

PeterMollenburg
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: English (N), French (B2-certified), Dutch (High A2?), Spanish (~A1), German (long-forgotten 99%), Norwegian (false starts in 2020 & 2021)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=18080

Postby PeterMollenburg » Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:39 am

Just to capture the attention of former participants, here is a link to the 2021 365 Day Challenge:
https://forum.language-learners.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=16397

If you prefer, you can simply look for the thread in the recent topics or under language challenges.
0 x

Return to “Language Challenges”