The 2019 365 Day Language Challenge - Sign Up and Discussion

Ongoing language-learning challenges, and team challenge logs (but not individual logs)
iwanttolearn
White Belt
Languages: English (N), Spanish (A2), French (beginner)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 3&start=10

Re: The 2019 365 Day Language Challenge - Sign Up and Discussion

Postby iwanttolearn » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:58 am

PeterMollenburg wrote:
iwanttolearn wrote:I am joining the challenge. My official start date is February 14th, I've missed 5 days since my start date.

The languages are French and Spanish

If you have missed 5 days since then, my advice is that you don’t have to (officially) start then (14th Feb), because each time you miss a day you are penalised 7 days + missing the actual day of study itself, which equates to 8 total lost days for each actual day of study missed. 5 x 8 = 40 days lost. Best to start from the first day after your last missed day. However it won’t be a full year of study for you starting later than the cut off date for the full challenge.

Confused? :?

ah ha, in that case, my start date is March 1st
1 x

trui
Yellow Belt
Languages: EN (N), NL (B), DE (A)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 3&start=10

Postby trui » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:01 pm

I'm going to drop out I think. I'm still trying to do Dutch everyday (and now some German!), but keeping track of whether I've done 30 minutes on a particular day hasn't been going as well. But I'll still be with you all in spirit! Go team go!
4 x
Nederlands and Deutsch

All corrections are welcome :)

Elsa Maria
Orange Belt
Languages: English (N), Danish (intermediate). Various stages of beginner: Dutch, Latin, Spanish, and Polish
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=6009

Postby Elsa Maria » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:25 pm

I am dropping Dutch for my 365 day challenge, but I am going to continue with Danish. My forever-language is Danish, and this challenge perfectly suits my goals for Danish.

However, the challenge is no longer serving me well for Dutch. Some days, I can only manage one hour of language learning, and I have come to resent the feeling that Dutch MUST receive 50% of that time. I like Dutch too much to allow even a wee bit of resentment into my mindset.

trui wrote:I'm going to drop out I think. I'm still trying to do Dutch everyday (and now some German!), but keeping track of whether I've done 30 minutes on a particular day hasn't been going as well. But I'll still be with you all in spirit! Go team go!

Something must be in the Dutch-learning air today!
2 x

Return to “Language Challenges”