Highly Experimental Spanish Only Sub-Forum

Solo español
s_allard
Blue Belt
Languages: French (N), English (N), Spanish (C2 Cert.), German (B2 Cert)

Re: Highly Experimental Spanish Only Sub-Forum

Postby s_allard » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:37 pm

Thanks iguanamon for the heads-up. I was vaguely aware of the new rules. But instead of solo Español what about Solo en español?
0 x

arthaey
Brown Belt
Languages: :
EN (native);
ES (adv receptive, int productive);
FR (false beginner);
DE (lapsed beg);
ASL (lapsed beg);
HU (tourist)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3864&view=unread#unread

Postby arthaey » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:28 pm

s_allard wrote:Thanks iguanamon for the heads-up. I was vaguely aware of the new rules. But instead of solo Español what about Solo en español?

They both seem largely synonymous to me. We haven't had any users accidentally posting in English on the subforum, so it must be doing its job well enough. :)

As for the RAE's changes... I still like writing with my superfluous accents. I don't mind looking "old-fashioned". I also still think of the Spanish "alphabet song" as cramming in an extra CH and LL, what can I say. ;)
2 x
Posts in: FrenchGermanHungarianSpanish
NaNoWriMo: 10,000 words
Corrections welcome in any language; I prefer an informal register.

mrwarper
Orange Belt
Languages: A bunch, in various stages
Language Log: http://how-to-learn-any-language.com/fo ... ?TID=39905

Postby mrwarper » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:09 pm

Regarding the latest RAE changes, I'm normally an academy, fire and brimstone type, but this time they can shove them -- and in the foreseeable future too if they keep their current drift.

For those curious about my reasons, their new proposals are based on mostly ridiculous claims (like implying that 'truhán', 'guión' or a gazillion other words are not actually bisyllabic as per their real pronunciation), and even more important, I have no respect left for people who are so afraid of projecting a somewhat negative image that they even label their new rules "recommendations". What, they are optional? Are these pussies gutless cowards "the authority"?

It all serves them right, apparently.

(Insult above edited as per another member's request, added a few words here and there)
0 x
MrWarper while HTLAL is offline.

Return to “Español”