Italian Dialects course

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
dampingwire
Blue Belt
Languages: Italian (N), English (N), French (poor, not studying), Japanese (studying, JLPT N3)

Italian Dialects course

Postby dampingwire » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:55 pm

Amongst a list of unrelated online courses I hit this one: Dialetti in Italia.

I've not tried it but the blurb sounds like the sort of thing that might interest some people here:
Il corso introduce a temi, nozioni e problemi della Dialettologia italiana, considerata in prospettiva geografico-sincronica e in prospettiva diacronica. In questa trattazione, per la parte esemplificativa e applicativa, si terrà conto in modo particolare della storia e dell'uso del Napoletano, considerato nel quadro generale dell'area linguistica italiana, in relazione alla derivazione dal latino, ai rapporti storici con l'italiano e con le altre varietà locali. Il corso, che è una introduzione ai contenuti e ai metodi della Dialettologia italiana, non ha l'obiettivo di insegnare a parlare i dialetti, né quello di fissarne la norma.

The course introduces topics, notions and issues related to Italian dialectology from geographic distribution to synchronic and diachronic variation. The course adopts a theoretical as well as practical approach to explore dialects, especially southern Italian dialects, within the framework of Italian linguistics, their history and use, their evolution from Latin and their relationship with the Italian language as well as other local varieties. The course serves as an introduction to the content and method of the degree course in Italian Dialectology, and in no way aims to teach you the rules of the Neapolitan dialect, nor how to speak it.

The course seems to be entirely in Italian (which seems quite appropriate really!).
5 x
新完全マスター N2聴解 : 94 / 103新完全マスター N2読解 : 99 / 177
新完全マスター N2文法 : 197 / 197TY Comp. German : 0 / 389

lingua
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N)
Maintaining: italiano (B2/C1ish)
Studying: português, Latina
Dabbling: siciliano, Deutsch, français, piemontèis
Abandoned: ไทย, español
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=12257

Re: Italian Dialects course

Postby lingua » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:14 am

Oh thanks for that link. I like and sporadically use edX but never noticed this course there before.
0 x
Super Challenge 2022-23:
DE: books: 0 / 2500 film: 1654 / 4500
IT: books: 3065 / 5000 film: 5031 / 9000
PT: books: 2921 / 5000 film: 5010 / 9000

Output Challenge 2023:
IT: write: 0 / 50000 record: 84 / 3000
PT: write: 0 / 50000 record: 0 / 3000

PT: Read 100 books: 28 / 100

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”