Doubts concerning Memrise, Clozemaster, Duolingo.

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
indeclinable
Yellow Belt
Languages: Spanish (N), English (C2), German (C1), Latin (C1), French (B2), Ancient Greek (B1), Italian (A2).

Want to study: Japanese & Russian
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=8803

Doubts concerning Memrise, Clozemaster, Duolingo.

Postby indeclinable » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:12 pm

I don't use any of those programs or similar but I was wondering if it's possible to create and customise a course. I'm particularly interested in making exercises (multiple option, filling the missing word, identifying synonyms, converting phrases from active to passive voice and vice versa, completing paradigms)... the one thing I do not want to do is the typical vocabulary exercises where you have to select the correct meaning. Is it possible to do so with any of the programs mentioned above or any other similar software?
1 x
Omnis lingua usu potius discitur quam praeceptis, id est audiendo, legendo, relegendo, imitationem manu et lingua temptando quam creberrime. – Iohannes Amos Comenius

galaxyrocker
Brown Belt
Languages: English (N), Irish (Teastas Eorpach na Gaeilge B2), French, dabbling elsewhere sometimes
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=757

Re: Doubts concerning Memrise, Clozemaster, Duolingo.

Postby galaxyrocker » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:14 pm

Anki is probably what you want. It's by far the most customizable of the programs, and has a lot of plugins and stuff already made for it.
2 x

jstan
Languages: English (N), French (A2-B1ish), Spanish (A2, but seriously rusty)

Re: Doubts concerning Memrise, Clozemaster, Duolingo.

Postby jstan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:59 pm

I'm pretty sure that you'd be able to do what you have in mind with either Anki or Memrise. I use and have built custom decks in both and think that they are both great tools. I agree with galaxyrocker that Anki is the most customizable/flexible, but personally prefer Memrise's more gameified interface.
2 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”