The Nature Method Institute's Language Courses

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
Feophan
Languages: Russian (N), English (C1), French (B2), German (B1), Dutch (A2)

Re: The Nature Method Institute's Language Courses

Postby Feophan » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:54 am

galaxyrocker wrote:I too would be extremely interested in that legal path of how to make these works available in the EU, at least.

By Orphan Works Directive a library willing to make the material available in a digital form must provide a proof that after an extensive search in provided databases the owners were not found. Then the material receives an orphan status in entire EU and can be hosted unless the owner appears and makes a counter-claim. Typical to EU it's very bureaucratic and rigid system which doesn't achieve its idealistic goal, but it's something at least, and works are getting registered.

It might also make sense to contact the current publisher of French and Italian books. Perhaps they'll be interested in re-publishing the Danish version as well. That would put the question of legality on their shoulders.
1 x

rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Re: The Nature Method Institute's Language Courses

Postby rdearman » Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:30 pm

I have locked the thread because people continue to post links to something to which the copyright status cannot be determined. If you want to start a new thread about how to determine the copyright and clues to hunting down the copyright holder then fine, but please stop putting links to things with dubious legality.
5 x
: 0 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”