WANTED: Language Learning Volunteers (Free Service)

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
asharvey
Languages: English (N), French (B1), Others (beginner)

WANTED: Language Learning Volunteers (Free Service)

Postby asharvey » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:57 am

Dear All

We are currently looking for Language Learning volunteers (beginners or lower intermediate) to try out a new Vocabulary learning method for people learning French, German, Spanish or Italian (with more languages to come).

The service is being offered free of charge to FLL members.

The service is available on any device with an internet connection and consists of the following modules:

- First Words for complete beginners
- Vocabulary Learning
- Conjugation Practice
- Games (Number Practice, Word Gender, Conversation Starters, etc)
- Plus a variety of other interesting learning tools

Please note, this is a genuine call for volunteers - at no time will you be prompted to enter any personal details nor asked for any payment. Additionally there are no adverts nor calls to upgrade your account.

You can go directly to our website and start learning straight-away (nothing to download or install - even on the mobile versions).

Simply type ken.mba into your web browser and look for the Sign-in/Register option.

Thank you for your interest and happy learning…
Andrew

ps. thank you to FLL for allowing us to post here.
0 x

rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Re: WANTED: Language Learning Volunteers (Free Service)

Postby rdearman » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:28 pm

Well, failed at the first hurdle. I attempted to register on the site, and it told me my email address or password weren't valid, I can assure you they are. Clicked around on various buttons on the registration form. Eventually after clicking on the settings icon it registered me, but my password and email are still invalid so I cannot login.

I tried in Firefox, then tried again with Chrome. Because it failed on the first attempt I tried again 4-5 times with email addresses from 10 minute email https://www.10minutemail.com/ all of these failed to register as well. So I'd say your registration page is broken.
0 x
: 0 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

asharvey

Postby asharvey » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:02 pm

Hi rdearman

Thanks for your interest, we can see that your emails have been registered but just not activated.

We have resent the activation email so if you have that then click on the link to set your password.

However, if you haven't received the emails or you're having any further issues the please drop a quick email to:

support@ken.mba

and the team will respond and get you up and running (they can provide a temporary password if necessary).

Many thanks, Andrew
0 x

rdearman
Site Admin

Postby rdearman » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:32 pm

It is impossible to turn off email notifications from this site. Why oh why didn't I use 10-minute email like I normally do? In the end I blacklisted the entire domain, which stopped it. So warning to ken.mba when GDPR enforcement starts in May, you're going to be liable for a huge fine from the EU government.
0 x

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

asharvey

Postby asharvey » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:47 am

Hi rdearman

Thanks for your message, the emails are there to help you learn however its no problem to turn them off.

Either log-in to your account to turn them off yourself or just send an email to support@ken.mba and the team will do it for you.

I don't see any request from you to turn the emails off but it's simple to do so just let us know if you need assistance.

We are GDPR compliant ahead of time, so if you wish to delete your account completely then just add that to your email request and it shall be removed completely.

Thanks, Andrew
0 x

rdearman
Site Admin

Postby rdearman » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:50 am

asharvey wrote:Hi rdearman

Thanks for your message, the emails are there to help you learn however its no problem to turn them off.

Either log-in to your account to turn them off yourself or just send an email to support@ken.mba and the team will do it for you.

I don't see any request from you to turn the emails off but it's simple to do so just let us know if you need assistance.

We are GDPR compliant ahead of time, so if you wish to delete your account completely then just add that to your email request and it shall be removed completely.

Thanks, Andrew

I did turn them off.
0 x

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

asharvey

Postby asharvey » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:04 pm

Hi rdearman

I can see an account which is likely to be yours so I've turned off the email notifications.

If you're still receiving them from another email you've specified then no problem, just drop us a request and we can turn those off as well.

Thanks, Andrew
0 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”