Looking for a specific SRS programme

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
guiguixx1
Orange Belt
Languages: French (N), English (C2), Dutch (C1), Spanish (C1), Italian (B2), Esperanto (A2), Portuguese (B2), German (A2), Catalan (passively)

Looking for a specific SRS programme

Postby guiguixx1 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:00 am

Hi all,

I'm trying to find a SRS programme that I used a few years back but I don't remember the name. I think it's close to "lexico" but I can't find it with that name. It's a programme where you have to write the words with the right spelling (if you make even one mistake or omit a space, it's considered wrong). Since I'm studying Valenciano and don't want to mix the spelling of the words with the vocab from Spanish or French, I want to make sure I don't make any mistakes. Does anyone know the programme or a similar one?

Thanks in advance!
0 x
Language learning and teaching website as a French teacher of Dutch and English: cameleondeslangues.be

rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Re: Looking for a specific SRS programme

Postby rdearman » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:07 am

guiguixx1 wrote:Hi all,

I'm trying to find a SRS programme that I used a few years back but I don't remember the name. I think it's close to "lexico" but I can't find it with that name. It's a programme where you have to write the words with the right spelling (if you make even one mistake or omit a space, it's considered wrong). Since I'm studying Valenciano and don't want to mix the spelling of the words with the vocab from Spanish or French, I want to make sure I don't make any mistakes. Does anyone know the programme or a similar one?

Thanks in advance!

Anki will do this for cloze deletion cards.
0 x
: 0 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

crush
Blue Belt
Languages: EN (N), ES, ZH
Maintain: EUS, YUE, JP, HAW
Study: TGL, SV
On Hold: RU

Postby crush » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:09 pm

Anki, Mnemosyne, even Memrise.
0 x

n_j_f
Orange Belt
Languages: English (N)

Studying:
French (B1), German (A2)

Up Next:
Persian, Russian

Flirting With:
Sanskrit

On the back-burner:
Turkish, Irish

Bucket List:
Spanish, Norwegian, Swedish, Hindi/Urdu, Ancient Greek, Latin, Old Church Slavonic, Modern Greek, Tamil, Sinhalese, Malayalam, Welsh, Arabic

Postby n_j_f » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:55 am

guiguixx1 wrote:Hi all,

Thanks in advance!

Apart from Anki, Quizlet also has this feature. I use Anki for memory retention, but I often use Quizlet if I'm trying to learn related information that isn't sticking (for example, I created several sets of Irish prepositions as I was getting nowhere on Anki). Quizlet is also more user-friendly and has a more attractive interface, but it is severely limited in its application compared to Anki.

As for the actual program you might have used, if it wasn't Quizlet, there's a list here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_f ... d_software
1 x

Xenops
Brown Belt
Languages: English (N), Danish (A2), Japanese (rusty), Nansha (constructing)
On break: Japanese (approx. N4), Norwegian (A2)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=16797

Postby Xenops » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:05 am

This thread said there are programs called Supememo or FullRecall?

http://how-to-learn-any-language.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7476&PN=0&TPN=1
0 x
Check out my comic at: https://atannan.com/

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”