Le français d'aujourd'hui en 90 leçons (Méthode 90)

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
aravinda
Green Belt
Languages: .

Le français d'aujourd'hui en 90 leçons (Méthode 90)

Postby aravinda » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:07 am

Sometime back I was looking for the audio recordings to accompany this book. As I couldn’t find at least a reference to any accompanying audio recordings, I concluded that they had never existed. However, recently I saw the recordings for the book mentioned on a website with the following image:
9782253059783.jpg

This brings up few more questions:
1. Why I can’t I locate any (used) recordings (cassettes) online for sale?
2. Other Méthode 90 courses have more than 4 hours of audio. If I assume K7 cassettes are similar to common audio cassettes I had used in the past, maximum total duration of two cassettes would be 3 hours ( 30-45 min on one side, 4 x 45 = 3 hours). Why was it significantly shorter than the recordings produced for other major languages? (The length of the course book is similar to that of other languages, that is some 500 pages.)
3. The image above says Niveau 1 Débutant. Was there a follow-up course?
I would appreciate any information on the recordings/course or tips to locate the recordings.
(Note: There’s no shortage of language learning resources for French. At my level of French, I probably don’t need this method and I already have too many French courses. This quest is mostly to satisfy my curiosity)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by aravinda on Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
1 x

DaveBee
Blue Belt
Languages: English (native). French (studying).
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=7466

Re: Le français d'aujourd'hui en 90 leçons (Méthode 90)

Postby DaveBee » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:28 am

aravinda wrote:I would appreciate any information on the recordings or tips to locate the recordings.
(Note: There’s no shortage of language learning resources for French. At my level of French, I probably don’t need this method and I already have too many French courses. This quest is mostly to satisfy my curiosity)
The french national library has a listing for the audio cassettes.

http://catalogue.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/cb38228528x
1 x

Speakeasy

Postby Speakeasy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:02 am

There is a discussion thread on the HTLAL, "Méthode 90 Materials", dating from May 2012, wherein the course "Le français d'aujourd'hui en 90 leçons" was mentioned. This course seems to have been published at least in French, English, and Spanish versions.

In January, 2016, the thread was revived specifically as a request for help in locating the accompanying audio recordings. At the time, I visited three Montréal booksellers who helped me with my own search and, despite the time that they invested in my inquiry, they were unable to locate even a trace of the recordings, which is something that I find rather bizarre!

Here is the LINK to the HTLAL thread:

Méthode 90 Materials -- HTLAL, May 2012
http://how-to-learn-any-language.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=32530&PN=1&TPN=1
3 x

aravinda
Green Belt
Languages: .

Postby aravinda » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:15 am

Thank you, DaveBee and Speakeasy.
Speakeasy wrote:...which is something that I find rather bizarre!

Exactly! The course was (re)published in the 90s (92-93, maybe as late as 1997). So why can't we find the audio recordings? "Bizarre" is right.
Edited to add the year 1997.
0 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”