Bilingual Texts Redux

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
MorkTheFiddle
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: English (N). Read (only) French and Spanish. Studying Ancient Greek. Studying a bit of Latin. Once studied Old Norse. Dabbled in Catalan, Provençal and Italian.
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 11#p133911

Bilingual Texts Redux

Postby MorkTheFiddle » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:36 pm

The idea of bilingual or parallel texts gets frequent mention here, and it got frequent mention on HTLAL. Out of curiosity, I did a bit of a search on HTLAL and came up with a thread on the topic of member MarcoDiangelo's production of several bilingual texts. Those texts have ended up on a site
hosted by HTLAL member Cetacea.

There are rar files for German, Italian, Spanish, Russian and Polish bilingual texts, and zip files for French and Japanese bilingual texts. So as not to strain Cetacea's bandwidth, I downloaded only the french.zip file. It contains some three dozen texts in various formats, perhaps rtf files prevailing. I looked at only one of them. All the files for all the languages presumably have English as one of the languages.

NB: I cannot, do not and will not guarantee that the files are "safe."
5 x
Many things which are false are transmitted from book to book, and gain credit in the world. -- attributed to Samuel Johnson

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”