Barron's Mastering Spanish/French Vocabulary with Audio MP3: A Thematic Approach (Mastering Vocabulary Series)

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
reineke
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: Fox (C4)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=6979

Re: Barron's Mastering Spanish/French Vocabulary with Audio MP3: A Thematic Approach (Mastering Vocabulary Series)

Postby reineke » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:00 pm

I'd take a look at it if they included an audio CD. Barron's idioms series also does not include any audio. It's a shame.

Barron's 501 Spanish verbs w/ audio looks interesting because of the audio portion and the nice, large print. The 1-hour audio is not useful to me (they did not advertise the length) but learners may appreciate the explanations and example sentences. I've flipped through the book a couple of times to check how well I can "flex" my verb muscles. This is my first 501 book - ever. It's not bad.
Last edited by reineke on Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 x

BalancingAct
Orange Belt
Languages: Mandarin, Cantonese, English (Prof.), French (Adv. - Prof.), Italian (Adv.), German (Adv. receptive), Spanish (Int. receptive)

Re: Barron's Mastering Spanish/French Vocabulary with Audio MP3: A Thematic Approach (Mastering Vocabulary Series)

Postby BalancingAct » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:00 pm

PeterMollenburg wrote:And has anyone tried their grammar equivalent? Barron's Mastering French (or another language) Grammar? And thoughts on it?

I have used the Spanish one. Cannot be better in terms of clarity, layout, size of print. Just very pleasant.

The latest Collins easy learning series grammar book is also good, but the various font sizes used are too small.
2 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”