Glossika Product Updates

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
bedtime
Orange Belt
Languages: English (N), French (beginner/intermediate), Latin (beginner)

Re: Glossika Product Updates

Postby bedtime » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:58 pm

Not sure how relevant this is, but nonetheless...

I found someone in the UK selling PDFs of Glossika Mass Sentences without their permission. I notified Ebay of a copyright infringement and of course they didn't take the ad down—why would they when they're making money off the listing? :roll:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Glossika-Mass-Sentences-French-Fluency-Course-1-2-and-3/283778311939?hash=item4212816703:g:0z8AAOSwyTtdO13P

They want $25 for a completely virtual product; and, they wouldn't have to mail anything at all. They just send a little PDF file that one could quite easily find floating around the web for free anyway.

I contacted Glossika via email explaining the situation and a lady got back to me the next day or so saying that they no longer support the [above] product but that she would bring it up to her team.

Thought you guys should know in case anyone was considering purchasing it. It's pirated.
0 x

Fortheo
Green Belt
Languages: English (N), French (?) Russian (beginner)

Postby Fortheo » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:42 am

I remember using glossika for Portuguese a few years back and being baffled by how many errors there were in the sentences. I did around 1,000 sentences and I must have found close to a 900 mistakes. I'm not even exaggerating. Finding a sentence without an error in it was rare. This was in the older method though with PDFs and mp3s from 2014 I think.

Does anyone know if they've improved since then, or are there still tons of errors in their sentences?
2 x

crush
Blue Belt
Languages: EN (N), ES, ZH
Maintain: EUS, YUE, JP, HAW
Study: TGL, SV
On Hold: RU

Postby crush » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:56 pm

Fortheo wrote:Does anyone know if they've improved since then, or are there still tons of errors in their sentences?

I can't vouch for the Portuguese course but they did release updates to their old courses, even in the old PDF/MP3 format. The online/"AI" site gives you 1000 reps for free so you could check the Portuguese course to see if it's still the same. I've gone through the Cantonese course and while there are a couple mistakes i'd say it's more like 1 or 2 every thousand. I'm using the latest version of the PDF/MP3 course so it's also possible those have been fixed in the online version.
2 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”