Elfdalian books out of copyright pdf's

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
Rigognos Molinarios
Languages: English (N), Latin (intermediate), Ancient Greek (B2)

Re: Elfdalian books out of copyright pdf's

Postby Rigognos Molinarios » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:36 pm

Okay, I eventually was able to contact Yair Sapir, but he is too busy right now to help me with the Elfdalian wedding poems or any older Elfdalian texts. So far, no one I've contacted has been able to help me. Piotr Garbacz has said that he has to many responsibilities right now to help me understand the Elfalian the wedding poems. Östen Dahl has said that, because he is not a native speaker, he is not fit to undertake this task. Lars Steensland (the author of an Elfdalian dictionary) wasn't even able to to communicate with me in English (I think his letter said something about him being too old and forgetfull to take on my project). Yair Sapir kept asking me to take a plane trip all the way to Sweden just to learn Elfdalian, which isn't an option right now as long as long as I'm in school. It seems impossible to find anyone willing to help me with my original project. I wanted to do the following:
1. Put the old Elfdalian texts in a modernized orthography.
2. Include a translation in English.
3. Include any glosses where a word or a form doesn't occur in any dictionaries or grammars.
0 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”