Atinkoriko
Orange Belt
Languages: English (N)
Ibibio (N)
West African Pidgin English/Guinea Coast Creole[N]
Actively learning
Int: German, French, Spanish

Beginner: Russian, Japanese

Next: Mandarin Chinese, Ancient Greek, Latin, Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphs, Italian
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 6&start=20

Re: transcripts: Ministerio del Tiempo

Postby Atinkoriko » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:28 pm

Cavesa wrote:
Atinkoriko wrote:After much grunting and gnashing of teeth, I have managed to find a suitable website that hosts it with English subtitles (would have preferred Spanish but regionally blocked people can’t be choosers)

Are the pdfs with transcripts blocked too?
http://www.rtve.es/television/ministeri ... o/guiones/

No they work just fine, thanks :)
0 x
: 50 / 2000 Remembering the Kanji :
: 33 / 75 SpanishFilms Half SC :
: 45 / 124 German Active wave :
: 3 / 100 Assimil Japanese :
: 33 / 100 Russian without Toil :
: 160 / 10000 Russian 10k srs :

garyb
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: Native: English
Advanced: Italian, French
Intermediate: Spanish
Beginner: German, Japanese
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1855

Postby garyb » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:24 am

All the episodes used to be accessible from the UK but now they appear to be region-locked. That's a big shame. I wasn't a great fan of the show myself but a freely and legally available TV series with full L2 subtitles and transcripts really was a gift to learners. I wonder if other RTVE stuff (Cuéntame, etc.) has been blocked too.
0 x

Andy E
Yellow Belt
Languages: *
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=8001

Postby Andy E » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:06 am

garyb wrote:All the episodes used to be accessible from the UK but now they appear to be region-locked. That's a big shame. I wasn't a great fan of the show myself but a freely and legally available TV series with full L2 subtitles and transcripts really was a gift to learners. I wonder if other RTVE stuff (Cuéntame, etc.) has been blocked too.

I think that's down to the deal with Netflix - they were removed from the RTVE international area. Shouldn't affect other shows though. I'm at work so I can't check.
0 x

Cavesa
Black Belt - 4th Dan
Languages: Czech (N), French (C2) English (C1), Italian (C1), Spanish, German (C1)

Postby Cavesa » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:22 pm

Andy E wrote:
garyb wrote:All the episodes used to be accessible from the UK but now they appear to be region-locked. That's a big shame. I wasn't a great fan of the show myself but a freely and legally available TV series with full L2 subtitles and transcripts really was a gift to learners. I wonder if other RTVE stuff (Cuéntame, etc.) has been blocked too.

I think that's down to the deal with Netflix - they were removed from the RTVE international area. Shouldn't affect other shows though. I'm at work so I can't check.

Yes, region block for other EU members is a shame.

Other stuff hasn't been blocked (at least I haven't encountered anything so far) but I've been having some problems with their video player recently. It gets stuck and doesn't load. My internet connection is not to blame, unofficial sources work just fine. Anyone else has been having the same problem?

However, there is a silver lining. Once, a page with an episode loaded wrong and gave me the transcript (series Estoy vivo) in a format I could just ctrlC and ctrlV. After reloading (and without copying, I don't know what I was thinking :-D ), it was normal again, with the transcript in the column on the right side as usual. Anyone has ever found this? Any idea how to get to such a transcript again, please?
0 x

Andy E
Yellow Belt
Languages: *
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=8001

Postby Andy E » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:24 pm

Cavesa wrote:However, there is a silver lining. Once, a page with an episode loaded wrong and gave me the transcript (series Estoy vivo) in a format I could just ctrlC and ctrlV. After reloading (and without copying, I don't know what I was thinking :-D ), it was normal again, with the transcript in the column on the right side as usual. Anyone has ever found this? Any idea how to get to such a transcript again, please?

Well the complete transcription is in the page source. You can save the page off with the text in it. It would need a post-processing tool to extract the text in it into a sensible format.....

This is a bit of Estoy vivo Episode 8:

Code: Select all

<span>Transcripción completa</span>
   </span>
        <div class="blindBox trasBox be_on">

<p data-config="{&quot;init&quot;:2.75}">
            <c.vtt_yellow>Es que a esa celebración va mi familia.</c.vtt_yellow>
         </p>

<p data-config="{&quot;init&quot;:3.63}">
            (Música)
         </p>

<p data-config="{&quot;init&quot;:5.83}">
            <c.vtt_yellow>Está aquí, es su puta canción, va a hacerlo.</c.vtt_yellow>
         </p>

<p data-config="{&quot;init&quot;:10.75}">
            <c.vtt_blue>(Música)</c.vtt_blue>
         </p>

<p data-config="{&quot;init&quot;:21.75}">
            Creo que eso es la verdadera fuente de energía.
         </p>

<p data-config="{&quot;init&quot;:25.03}">
            (JADEAN)
         </p>
1 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”