Assimil Hebrew

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
AML
Orange Belt
Languages: English (N)

Re: Assimil Hebrew

Postby AML » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:28 pm

I believe I posted a few times on the old forum (~2012) about the Assimil Hebrew (French version). I now have the English version, but I no longer have the French version. From what I recall of the French version, however, is that it's basically the same as the new English version. They largely just translated the French into English.

I agree with the above post that it starts out really slowly (slow = 1-4 sentences per lesson) in order to introduce the letters. I think it's a big waste of pages and lessons. I never thought Assimil should be used by raw beginners anyway (just my opinion), especially for more challenging languages like Hebrew, so they should already know the alphabet at the very least.

The audio is really slow throughout almost the entire book. Too slow. I guess it's possible to speed it up if you import it to another program such as Audacity.

Overall, the product is pretty typical Assimil, though maybe slightly below average for them. That said, "average - below average" Assimil is still usually better than most other products out there. :)
1 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”