Arnaud
Blue Belt
Languages: Native: French
Intermediate: English, Russian, Italian
Tourist : Breton, Greek, Chinese, Japanese, German, Spanish, Latin
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=1524

Re: Russian resources

Postby Arnaud » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:33 am

The playlist of the StarMedia series subtitled in russian. Only the first episode is listed.
As for easy podcasts, russian podcasts is painfully slow for me now, but when I was a beginner it was difficult (a lot of unknown vocabulary). The author has recorded again the first episodes for a better quality, btw.
1 x

cheresier
Languages: Russian (N), English (fluent)

Postby cheresier » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:20 am

Came across this on Russian Facebook and thought people on here would find it useful.

A literature teacher from Saint Petersburg (the one in Russia) is making a podcast about literature, entirely in Russian. Seems like a great tool for those teaching or learning Russian. It features a well thought-through selection of short stories and is beautifully produced: sound quality, acting, music are all top-notch. Each episode of the podcast starts with the host's introduction and ends with discussion questions. The stories are read by professional actors.

It is a non-commercial self-funded project, created purely out of love for the art of literature.

Here it is:

https://www.facebook.com/lampacast/
http://lampa.fm/
5 x

Xmmm
Blue Belt
Languages: ru it tr

Postby Xmmm » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:36 pm

There's a show called Чудо техники, available on youtube. Supposedly there are 370 episodes, all 40+ minutes each. The Russian subtitles look accurate. I'm watching the first episode, about electric buses in Russia.
4 x

Ещё раз сунешь голову туда — окажешься внутри. Поняла, Фемида? -- аигел

Axon
Blue Belt
Languages: Native English, in order of comfort: Mandarin, German, Indonesian,
Spanish, French, Russian,
Cantonese, Vietnamese, Polish.
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5086

Postby Axon » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:35 pm

There is a relatively new website with companion YouTube channel called Russian Progress.

I went through some of the material today and found it to be of very high quality. At the time of this post there are 40 YouTube videos with excellent audio and Russian subtitles. Some are cultural notes, and some are about the Russian language or language learning in general:

All videos are posted on the website with links to a PDF transcript and mp3 audio, plus LingQ integration. There are also a handful of medium-length texts with audio. Everything is free and Patreon-supported. I find the host to be interesting and easy to listen to, and I am motivated by the fact that even with my limited Russian I can watch his videos without needing translations.
9 x

Axon
Blue Belt
Languages: Native English, in order of comfort: Mandarin, German, Indonesian,
Spanish, French, Russian,
Cantonese, Vietnamese, Polish.
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5086

Postby Axon » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:51 am

I just found this channel recently. They regularly release 45-minute travelogues with subtitles in English and Russian, as well as other short videos that don't get subs.

They've covered quite a few countries already. Unfortunately their older videos don't tend to have subtitles, but there are enough subtitled ones to fill many hours.
3 x

Xmmm
Blue Belt

Postby Xmmm » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:07 pm

If you have any interest in cosmology and/or astrophysics, this looks like an excellent youtube channel. Lots of cool graphics explaining concepts, and they flash key vocab on the screen when they change topics:

4 x

Xmmm
Blue Belt

Postby Xmmm » Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:46 pm

There's a lot of fake martial arts experts on the internet. This guy goes over basic things, but teaches them correctly. In this video I was impressed by how much time he talked about maintaining distance before the fight even starts, and how much he emphasized the correct way to cover when someone is trying to punch you in the head:

4 x

Xmmm
Blue Belt

Postby Xmmm » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:54 am

Here's one of the new bands I'm listening to:

I'm putting this on the resource page not because of the band, but because of the youtube channel hosting it. The channel appears to be an outlet for the local music scene (in St. Petersburg?) They get a different band in the same room to record every couple of weeks. There is a caveat -- most of the bands aren't very good. But it's still interesting, and there is the occasional gem like the group below:

1 x

bertran
Languages: English (Native), Spanish, German (Speak and read), French (Read), Welsh, Russian (Studying)

Modern Russian audio Re: Russian resources

Postby bertran » Sat May 23, 2020 12:26 am

Indiana University's CeLT has moved the audio files for Dawson's Modern Russian course to a new site. The new URL is https://celt.indiana.edu/portal/Russian/b09.html

The CeLT webmaster wrote me that about 2/3rds of the audio files are up by now, and the rest will be up sometime soon.
2 x

xachooo
Languages: English (N), German (upper intermediate), French (low intermediate), russian (beginner) Spanish (beginner)

Postby xachooo » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:03 pm

The links to the movie clips don't work, but the eralesh clips mostly do work. All the clips are fully transcribed and each word is defined. I love learning with these.

http://russian.cornell.edu/brtf/films.htm
1 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”