Russian resources

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
Caromarlyse
Green Belt
Languages: English (N), French (C1-ish), German (B2/C1-ish), Russian (B1-ish), Portuguese (B1-ish), Welsh (complete beginner), Spanish (in hibernation)
(All levels estimates and given as a guide only)

Re: Russian resources

Postby Caromarlyse » Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:31 pm

Another recent discovery: Русская лексика для жизни: теория и пратика. The cover says it is level B1+. It is split into 55 chapters, just two pages each, with each chapter covering a different topic area. The first page introduces you to the vocab, whilst the second has some exercises (there is a key at the back of the book). The topic areas start off at B1 level, I'd say, and get harder as the book goes on, though even towards the beginning there is quite some depth (so you're not just learning how to say someone has straight hair and a beard, for example, but that they have a hooked nose, a narrow face and a pointy chin). It reminds me of the Vocabulaire progressif books in terms of the layout. I'm finding it a good supplement to other material - if I'm covering a certain topic elsewhere, I can then go to the relevant chapter here and cover off the vocabulary, reinforcing anything I've come across before and learning anything new. Quite a few sample pages can be viewed on the litres site.
3 x

IronMike
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Studying: Esperanto
Maintaining: nada
Tested:
BCS, 1+L/1+R (DLPT5, 2022)
Russian, 3/3 (DLPT5, 2022) 2+ (OPI, 2022)
German, 2L/1+R (DLPT5, 2021)
Italian, 1L/2R (DLPT IV, 2019)
Esperanto, C1 (KER skriba ekzameno, 2017)
Slovene, 2+L/3R (DLPT II in, yes, 1999)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5189

Re: Russian resources

Postby IronMike » Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:59 am

Just added a couple of links to the main page, one from Sweden, the other from NHK Japan.
1 x
You're not a C1 (or B1 or whatever) if you haven't tested.
CEFR --> ILR/DLPT equivalencies
My swimming life.
My reading life.

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”