crush
Blue Belt
Languages: EN (N), ES, ZH
Maintain: EUS, YUE, JP, HAW
Study: TGL, SV
On Hold: RU

[in development] Glossika Schedule Android app

Postby crush » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:56 pm

The past few days i've been working on a simple app to keep track of my progress in Glossika's new schedule system. I just came across them about a week ago and it's a lot different from how i was originally using Glossika, basically following the original system described in the first PDFs put out where you study one new set and review the previous three sets of fifty sentences. It was slow progress and took me about 5 months to get through the first book. Glossika's schedules focus more on the GSR recordings and getting lots of repetitions in of all the sentences, whereas i was completely ignoring the GSR files before.

Anyway, since it was a pain to have to look up which files to study each day i wrote this simple app to keep track of everything. Currently i've only added in 3 of the schedules (9 month relaxed, 5 month relaxed, and 5 month intensive), but i can easily add in the others if anyone is interested.

I'm not sure if anyone else would find it useful. The code is all available under the Public Domain here:
https://github.com/chickendude/GlossikaSchedule/

And you can download it from here:
https://github.com/chickendude/Glossika ... e/releases

I live in China where Google Play is blocked (and Google doesn't accept Chinese bank cards) so for the time being i can only release it on GitHub. I guess i could try to release it on F-Droid, though. Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions or anything, please let me know. I've attached some pictures to give you an idea of what exactly it is. It's pretty basic...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
6 x

crush
Blue Belt

Re: [in development] Glossika Schedule Android app

Postby crush » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:34 pm

Btw, i posted this to the Google Play Store a week or two ago:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... kaschedule

If anyone else has any requests/suggestions, i'd be happy to work them in :)
0 x

crush
Blue Belt

Postby crush » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:17 pm

I added in the rest of the schedules, Tagalog as a language choice (it was recently released), more flags, and an option to mark all items for the day as done. I've also been thinking of adding in an option to let you mark all days up to a certain point as done when creating a new schedule, otherwise it's a huge pain marking them as done one by one. Not sure if anyone else is using Glossika, but i've been using it to study Cantonese and the app has helped me quite a bit :) They said there was a Basque course in progress a few months back but unfortunately it seems like that was cancelled. Oh well :/
1 x

crush
Blue Belt

Postby crush » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:02 am

I just pushed another update up to the Play Store. I tried to make the interface a bit cleaner/prettier and also started recording the date when you've completed an entry (ie. studied all items for that day), so you can view that. It'll also be highlighted so you can see that you've already studied that language/course today (useful i suppose if you're studying several courses at once). I also switched the database over from SQLite to Realm, which should make it a bit faster (though i don't think anyone will really notice). The main reason for doing that was because it's so much easier to work with ;)
1 x

dimon223
Languages: English, Français, Russian, Chuvash

Postby dimon223 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:35 pm

Hi Crush,

Thanks for your Android App, I found it very useful to keep tracking my progress and it also keeps me motivated for accomplishing all the check boxes.
May a request a new feature for it?
Basically, to edit the a given schedule and on top of Glossika learning materials add there name of files of another learning method/source so a user can track not only Glossika's method progress, but also another learning source like accomplishing one page of grammar book per day in a single app.
0 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”