Radio Garden

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
MorkTheFiddle
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: English (N). Read (only) French and Spanish. Studying Ancient Greek. Studying a bit of Latin. Once studied Old Norse. Dabbled in Catalan, Provençal and Italian.
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 11#p133911

Re: Radio Garden

Postby MorkTheFiddle » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:27 pm

The Radio Garden shows me a splash screen with the words "Planting Radio Garden" and above that a spinning wheel. The wheel has been spinning for about 15 minutes. I'm using Windows 10 with Firefox 50.1.0. The culprit may be Firefox.

Edit: Definitely Firefox (probably an add-on). With Chrome I got at least one station from all continents save Antarctica loud and clear. A pleasure for the ear. Thanks for the heads-up.
1 x
Many things which are false are transmitted from book to book, and gain credit in the world. -- attributed to Samuel Johnson

Elenia
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: English (N), Swedish (C1), French (Massively Atrophied) German (lowly beginner, somehow learnt to read)

Finnish?!
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=708

Postby Elenia » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:57 pm

Thanks, I found a radio station that I really like from Kiruna!

EDIT: Good lord the wanderlust
1 x

Brun Ugle
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: English (N), Norwegian (~C1/C2), Spanish (B1/B2), German (A2/B1?), Japanese (very rusty)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=11484

Postby Brun Ugle » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:15 am

MorkTheFiddle wrote:The Radio Garden shows me a splash screen with the words "Planting Radio Garden" and above that a spinning wheel. The wheel has been spinning for about 15 minutes. I'm using Windows 10 with Firefox 50.1.0. The culprit may be Firefox.

Edit: Definitely Firefox (probably an add-on). With Chrome I got at least one station from all continents save Antarctica loud and clear. A pleasure for the ear. Thanks for the heads-up.

I've found it doesn't work as well on all devices and with all browsers. There's a station in Argentina that I enjoy listening to on my computer (using Firefox), but I can't get it on my iPad. However, I can get other stations on my iPad.

Elenia wrote:Thanks, I found a radio station that I really like from Kiruna!

EDIT: Good lord the wanderlust

:twisted: Mwahahaha :twisted:
1 x

mokibao
Orange Belt
Languages: Studying: way too many

Postby mokibao » Wed May 19, 2021 11:17 pm

(This is only tangentially related to radio garden but I felt it didn't deserve its own thread)

The latest versions of the Clementine player recently added integration for Radio-browser.info, a sort of index for all radio stations very much like radio garden

If you've been using Clementine for your language needs like me (organizing Assimil playlists, audiobook chapters, fetching podasts episodes, etc.) you will find it very handy to just pop up on any radio station in any language you like without ever leaving your program or having a browser open.
3 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”