Booktube

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
Spoonary
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N)
Español (Adv), Italiano (Int), Esperanto (I try)

Re: Booktube

Postby Spoonary » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:40 pm

crush wrote:I wish i could find something like this for Basque... any tips on what exactly to search for? Searching for "books" or "book recommendations" in Basque didn't really turn up anything :/

Usually 'books' would be my go-to search term... try book title + 'review', perhaps?
1 x

crush
Blue Belt
Languages: EN (N), ES, ZH
Maintain: EUS, YUE, JP, HAW
Study: TGL, SV
On Hold: RU

Postby crush » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:05 pm

Thanks, i don't think there are really any Basque book bloggers unfortunately. I did come across a video put together by a news station on books (and poetry) in Basque, unfortunately it's just one video.

Do you have any suggestions then for Spanish books/bloggers?
0 x

Spoonary
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N)
Español (Adv), Italiano (Int), Esperanto (I try)

Postby Spoonary » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:16 pm

crush wrote:Do you have any suggestions then for Spanish books/bloggers?

Not really. I never actually found any Spanish 'booktubers' I particularly enjoyed watching.

However, I would like to mention Vanfunfun, a quirky Spanish youtuber who makes videos about (English and Spanish) linguistics and etymology in an amusing way. :P

He also talks about books sometimes:
3 x

MorkTheFiddle
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: English (N). Read (only) French and Spanish. Studying Ancient Greek. Studying a bit of Latin. Once studied Old Norse. Dabbled in Catalan, Provençal and Italian.
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 11#p133911

Postby MorkTheFiddle » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:31 pm

crush wrote:Do you have any suggestions then for Spanish books/bloggers?

I watched a few episodes of Fly Like a Butterfly. https://www.youtube.com/user/blogflylikebutterfly
From her site, you can track down plenty of others.
My original goal was just listening practice. She's easy enough to understand, but this kind of talk about books bores me. That's why I didn't watch many episodes.
1 x
Many things which are false are transmitted from book to book, and gain credit in the world. -- attributed to Samuel Johnson

Elenia
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: English (N), Swedish (C1), French (Massively Atrophied) German (lowly beginner, somehow learnt to read)

Finnish?!
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=708

Postby Elenia » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:03 am

I love Bulledop! I don't think I have ever wanted to read a book she's recommended :roll: but she is fun and engaging to watch and also has a nice accent. Another issue with her is that she recommends mostly translated English YA (or did when I watched her, it's been a while).
1 x

Elisane
Languages: French (N), Spanish (C1), English (B1?) Italian (beginner)

Postby Elisane » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:55 pm

Here are some of the french booktubers I like :

LemonJune

Il était une fois Perseneige

Tête de Litote

La librairie des ombres

And many others like OlalaChicks, La brigade du livre, Biz et Thot, JPDepotte etc.

You also have a TV show called La grande librairie

1 x

lichtrausch
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N), German, Japanese, Mandarin, Korean

Postby lichtrausch » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:03 am

Italian:

French:

The auto-generated subtitles for at least the French videos are accurate enough to be used (with caution) as a learning aid.
2 x

DaveBee
Blue Belt
Languages: English (native). French (studying).
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=7466

Postby DaveBee » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:12 pm

Elenia wrote:I love Bulledop! I don't think I have ever wanted to read a book she's recommended :roll: but she is fun and engaging to watch and also has a nice accent. Another issue with her is that she recommends mostly translated English YA (or did when I watched her, it's been a while).
"TwoFaceLizzie", linked to above by Lichtrasch has a whole video on her 'to-read' pile, which might speak to you :-)
2 x

Elenia
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: English (N), Swedish (C1), French (Massively Atrophied) German (lowly beginner, somehow learnt to read)

Finnish?!
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=708

Postby Elenia » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:32 pm

DaveBee wrote:
Elenia wrote:I love Bulledop! I don't think I have ever wanted to read a book she's recommended :roll: but she is fun and engaging to watch and also has a nice accent. Another issue with her is that she recommends mostly translated English YA (or did when I watched her, it's been a while).
"TwoFaceLizzie", linked to above by Lichtrasch has a whole video on her 'to-read' pile, which might speak to you :-)

I relate strongly. Very, very strongly. Except my PAL is actually most of the books that I own :?
2 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”