Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: English(N)
Advanced: French,Spanish, Scottish Gaelic
Intermediate: Italian, Catalan, Corsican
Basic: Welsh
Dabbling: Polish, Russian etc

Re: Language Programmes - Offers, Sales and Discounts

Postby Cainntear » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:54 am

kanewai wrote:"New users" to Babbel, or "new users" to StackSocial?

I'm assuming to Babel. I gave it a free trial, so if I was going to buy this I'd have to use a different email address...
0 x

tatsuzu
White Belt
Languages: English (N), French (A2), Chinese (beginner)

Postby tatsuzu » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:56 am

Babbel doesn't offer lifetime subs on their website for a single language, let alone all of them at once. I think it's safe to say it's fake.

Okay, just checked on Twitter and someone brought up this offer to Babbel on Twitter. They seemed to be unaware of it and asked the user to send them a screenshot so they could look into it.
5 x

ilmari
Orange Belt
Languages: Fluent - French (N), English, Hebrew, Japanese.
Intermediate - Korean, Finnish, Spanish, Russian.
Studying (now) - Russian, Spanish
Dabbling - Italian, Polish, Yiddish, Mandarin Chinese, Arabic, Persian, Turkish, Urdu, Indonesian, Māori, Latin, Esperanto, Swahili
Would love to study - Norwegian, Swedish, Ancient Greek, and so many more.

Postby ilmari » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:16 am

This is an email from Speakly. I am not sure the offer is open to everyone, as you have to send them an email. Maybe better register for a free trial before, so that you are on their mailing list. Personally, I have enrolled (with a free code) in their Estonian course - which I find very useful.

I’m Ott from Speakly, and I’m inviting you to join our LIFETIME plan, which will be available until the end of December! So many of you have asked to join the plan that we have decided to prolong the offer. :)

The new year is coming and we all have plans to finally start learning the languages we have always dreamed of speaking. Joining the LIFETIME plan is the solution.

What does it include? The Speakly LIFETIME plan means that you can learn all of the current (and future) languages Speakly offers indefinitely. You don’t have to worry about your studies ending, because they won't! :)

The LIFETIME plan to learn all available Speakly languages is available to you as a special offer for only 99 EUR.

How does it work? The LIFETIME plan is available as a special offer only until the end of December. To become a member, send us an e-mail at hello@Speakly.me or respond to this e-mail directly. After that, we will send you your personal study code that will grant you unlimited studies in all the Speakly languages you want!

Ott Ojamets
Co-Founder / CEO
ott@speakly.me
Visit http://www.speakly.me
1 x

kanewai
Blue Belt
Languages: Native: English
Active: Italian
Maintenance: Spanish, French
Priors: Chuukese (Micronesian), Indonesian, Latin, Greek (epic and modern), Turkish, Arabic

Postby kanewai » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:44 am

I just got the same email from Speakly. I wrote back, but haven't heard anything in reply yet. It seems to be another "this is too good to be true" offer - but if it's legit I'll probably take it.

Edit: The Speakly plan was legit! I sent the payment via paypal, they sent a coupon code for each of the three languages I was interested in with the instructions to write back for a new code if I wanted to add new languages, or when the current 12-month package needs to be renewed.
2 x
Super Challenge - 50 books
Italian: 11 / 50
Spanish: 50 / 50
French: 16 / 50

Brun Ugle
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: English (N), Norwegian (~C1/C2), Spanish (B1/B2), German (A2/B1?), Japanese (very rusty)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=11484

Postby Brun Ugle » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:02 pm

UTalk just added Ladino to their available languages and to celebrate they are giving 40% off all subscription plans for the next week. I use their app and although it isn’t a complete course, just flashcard games and not all of the words and phrases are the most useful (when am I going to need golf or sailing terms?), I like it because they offer a number of languages that are hard to find materials for, and the audio is crystal clear with two voices, male and female, for each language.
4 x

mentecuerpo
Blue Belt
Location: El Salvador, Centroamerica, but lives in Phoenix, Arizona.
Languages: Spanish (N) English (B2) Italian (A2) German (A1)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 18#p155218

Postby mentecuerpo » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:28 am

Rocket Language 60 % off, lifetime use.
Is legit, I got the French one yesterday, offer valid for two more days.
1 x

Speakeasy

Postby Speakeasy » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:39 pm

Collectors, Start Your Engines!
The very few amongst you who share my obsession with Vintage Language-Learning materials might be interested in an offer on eBayUK for two sets of vinyl LPs from the 1960’s. Vintage box sets vinyl LPs, Instant German, Basic Conversational French language NOTE: I already havea copy both sets of LPs and I am not the seller.
Vintage box sets 2.JPG

The first item, Basic Conversation French, contains the audio recordings which were prepared to accompany the course book Basic Conversational French, by Julian Harris and André Leveque, copies of which are still available for purchase via the websites of the major online booksellers.

The second item, Instant German, is a standalone phrase-book-style course, published by Pickwick under various titles, which uses a simple variant of the then-popular programmed learning method of self-instruction. Clearly, given the thinness of the accompanying pamphlet, these materials are not comparable to the FSI Programmatic courses of the same period.

Those of you who might be interested in pursuing the matter are invited to consult my review of these materials on PAGE 2 of the file Vintage Language Courses of Lesser Renown

How can you resist the temptation (rhetorical question only)?

EDITED:
Tinkering.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 x

Peluche
Orange Belt

Postby Peluche » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:20 pm

Assimil French, book + CDs $29.34 + tax shipped ($44-14.66 coupon on page) at amazon (have to select amazon as the seller)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/2700518136
2 x

Neurotip
Green Belt
Languages: eng N; ita & fra B2+, ell & deu B2-, ísl B1 (spa & swe A2?)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=9850

Postby Neurotip » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:14 am

* Living Language Greek course on offer, free to a good home *

I've finished with my Living Language Greek books and would be very happy if they could find a new home. You can have them for free, and I'll post them anywhere you like as long as you can cover the cost of postage (or you can come and pick them up if you're passing - either south London (UK) or one of the places I work in Sussex, please enquire).

Included are all three books (Essential, Intermediate, Advanced); the mp3 files can be downloaded freely from the publisher's website, no proof of purchase required. See Amazon link. The books are in pretty much mint condition. I don't think I've written in them anywhere but can't completely guarantee there isn't a mark somewhere.

PM me if you're interested.
3 x
Corrections welcome here

Brun Ugle
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: English (N), Norwegian (~C1/C2), Spanish (B1/B2), German (A2/B1?), Japanese (very rusty)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=11484

Postby Brun Ugle » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:58 am

Glossika is offering a 30% Corona discount until the end of March.

Glossika wrote: At Glossika, our mission with language learning solutions is to improve communication and enhance human interaction. Though our ability to explore of the world is extremely limited at this time, the need to understand what the world is saying in their own voice is only increasing, so we're making it more accessible now.

Glossika offers the following languages for free: Catalan, Welsh, Scottish Gaelic, Manx, Taiwanese, Hakka, Kurdish, etc. For paid languages, we're now offering a 30% discount code. The discount code is valid until March 31st, and may be applied to the your month or annual purchase.

Your 30% off discount code: staystrong

They also have student discounts.
0 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”