Language Programmes - Offers, Sales and Discounts

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
Carl
White Belt
Languages: English (N), Swedish (C2), Norwegian (C1), Danish (reading only), Spanish (B2), German (B1)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... hp?t=16220

Re: Language Programmes - Offers, Sales and Discounts

Postby Carl » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:52 pm

ilmari wrote in August:
I received this email from Lirica:
https://www.lirica.io

Get a lifetime subscription for $49.99
Only 6 days left!
We've launched a new lifetime subscription to Lirica premium, now only $49.99 (regular price $149)! Offer valid until Sept 2nd!

If you already have a subscription and would like to upgrade to a lifetime, send us an email at hello@lirica.co.uk

The lifetime subscription link takes you here:
https://stacksocial.com/sales/lirica-pr ... bscription

The offer is still in place at the link--or it's back. The same page has an offer of a lifetime subscription to Beelinguapp for 40 USD.

Also, the free material from McGraw Hill's audio study player may be available for a limited time. It's offered through a web app that uses Flash, and Adobe keeps sending me messages saying that Flash is only supported through the end of the year, plus asking if I would like to uninstall it now if I'm not using it. https://www.mhlanguagelab.com/

The most useful material I've found is almost two dozen short stories from the Stories from... series (Latin America, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and Spain). Each has an introduction in English, followed by a reading by a native speaker of Spanish. The book series contains parallel Spanish/English texts, and the web app has copy-and-pasteable text in both languages, which lends itself to DIY parallel texts. Conveniently, for those who want to squirrel this material away for future use, if you start playing the first track from each book, the player continues through all the subsequent tracks from that book. And if you Select All the text for one story, for copying it, all the text in the next story is automatically selected when the player moves on to it.

To find the Spanish readers, go to the Spanish section and scroll down to "Readers" under "1 Select Category/Artist"

McGraw Hill's description of the overall site is:
More Than 60 Hours of Free Content
Audio Study Player
A convenient and easy way to hear bonus and sample audio content from more than 250 titles, and over 30 languages.. Easy to navigate, the Audio Study Player combines audio and text.

Languages Include:
Arabic * Chinese * English * German * French * Italian * Japanese * Russian * Portuguese * Russian * Spanish
2 x

CarlyD
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N), Spanish--A2, German--now studying, A2

Postby CarlyD » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:58 pm

Black Friday is almost here. But in keeping with most U.S. stores spreading their sales over several days this year, Benny Lewis will be posting Black Friday language deals each day starting Monday, Nov. 23rd thru Friday, Nov. 27th. He says they will be in his emails--not sure if he will post them in his blog or not.

If you've been interested in one of his 90-Day Challenge groups, he has a Black Friday package of the challenge and a number of other of his resources for $127.
1 x
2024 15,000 pages Reading Challenge--pages: 1180 / 15000

CarlyD
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N), Spanish--A2, German--now studying, A2

Postby CarlyD » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:03 pm

Busuu has sent me an email saying that I can gift 5 of my closest friends with 30 days of Busuu Premium.

My actual friends don't learn languages, so if anyone wants to try it, send me a message here and I'll give the invitation link to the first 5 people.

I like Busuu--not as a main learning source, but more as an add-on. The little lessons go fast and are kind of fun. And I like the community where people will correct either your audio or writing.
1 x
2024 15,000 pages Reading Challenge--pages: 1180 / 15000

Stefan
Green Belt
Languages: -

Postby Stefan » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:55 am

LingQ lifetime premium for $199 per language.

Benny Lewis has his usual collection of deals which are basically affiliate links. Note that some of his deals are actually better than the public deal though. For example, GermanPod101 is 41% off for regular users and 51% off when you use the coupon code from Benny.
0 x

Ccaesar
Orange Belt
Languages: Danish (N) English (B2-C1) German (B1-B2) Italian(B1), Japanese (beginner)

Postby Ccaesar » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:51 pm

Innovative language has pretty good offers too!
0 x
Hiragana practiced in hand : 48 / 48
Katakana practiced in hand : 48 / 48
Kanji : 50 / 2000
Assimil Japanese with Ease : 27 / 100

MorkTheFiddle
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: English (N). Read (only) French and Spanish. Studying Ancient Greek. Studying a bit of Latin. Once studied Old Norse. Dabbled in Catalan, Provençal and Italian.
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 11#p133911

Postby MorkTheFiddle » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:15 pm

French Today offering 40% off all audiobooks from now (Tuesday, Nov. 24, 2020) until Monday (Nov 30, 2020)

French Today Sale
1 x
Many things which are false are transmitted from book to book, and gain credit in the world. -- attributed to Samuel Johnson

tangleweeds
Green Belt
Languages: English (N)
beginner: Irish
clearing cobwebs: Japanese
on the shelf: French, Latin
wanderlust: Norwegian, Vietnamese
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=705

Postby tangleweeds » Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:11 am

This $100 lifetime Memrise membership unfortunatey ends soon. But I scored and I'm super happy about it!
0 x
Neurological odyssey is going better! Yay!

mentecuerpo
Blue Belt
Location: El Salvador, Centroamerica, but lives in Phoenix, Arizona.
Languages: Spanish (N) English (B2) Italian (A2) German (A1)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 18#p155218

Postby mentecuerpo » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:16 pm

Is Glossika providing discount from December 23 till December 31?
I am not sure, but I think I saw it on the website yesterday, but I cannot find it today.

Thanks.
0 x

darlingchinese
Languages: chinese(N),English

Postby darlingchinese » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:33 am

Hi,If you want to learn Chinese for free, I can recommend you a platform where you can experience one to one online live courses. You can add my Facebook: Darling Chinese Club. My profile picture is a lovely panda.
0 x

mentecuerpo
Blue Belt
Location: El Salvador, Centroamerica, but lives in Phoenix, Arizona.
Languages: Spanish (N) English (B2) Italian (A2) German (A1)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 18#p155218

Postby mentecuerpo » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:39 pm

I sent Glossika customer support a message on 12/23 asking if they had a discount for the year's end. Glossika representative sent me an email indicating Glossika has provided me with a 50% off on my next renewal. I am glad I asked Glossika, considering it is expensive.
It appears that Glossika Premium Subscription for students is 55% off; more info here: https://ai.glossika.com/pricing
1 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”