Hundreds of Georgian Audiobooks

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
Expugnator
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: Native Brazilian Portuguese#advanced fluency English, French, Papiamento#basic fluency Italian, Norwegian#intermediate Spanish, German, Georgian and Chinese (Mandarin)#basic Russian, Estonian, Greek (Modern)#just started Indonesian, Hebrew (Modern), Guarani
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=9931

Hundreds of Georgian Audiobooks

Postby Expugnator » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:56 pm

It's official! Georgian has entered the universe of languages that have audiobooks!

This morning I got an email from the Georgian ebookstore Saba to announce the launch of their audiobook section. It started with a wide selection of audiobooks: classics, more recent, translated classics like Victor Hugo and Mark Twain and translated modern auhtors like Paulo Coelho, Gabriel García Marquez and others.

I believe all books have their text version available at the same store. So, if it's a translated book, you can get the original version somewhere else and enjoy your listening-reading with the Georgian audiobook, ebook and the text in L1.

There are some sample short books for free (account needed). Most of the audiobooks cost around 3 and 5 lari, which is just 1 to 2 dollars. A really good deal for a breakthrough resource for the language.

So far, the audiobooks work on the Saba app on Android, but I believe they will expand to iOs and Windows.

I'm really happy about this, because this places Georgian into a selected group of languages with easy access to resources for the native materials leg: native series, dubbed series and now audiobooks.
13 x
Corrections welcome for any language.

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”