All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
księżycowy
Blue Belt
Languages: *Native*
English

*Studying*
Biblical Greek, Hebrew, German (Arabic)

*Waiting List*
Irish, Polish, Lithuanian, Italian, Modern Greek, Latin, Old English, Japanese, Korean, Chinese (Mandarin, Cantonese, Taiwanese), Vietnamese, Mongolian, Tibetan, Aramaic, Amharic, Arabic, Haitian Creole, Cayuga
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=17499

Re: Turkish resources

Postby księżycowy » Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:33 pm

I've been thinking more and more about learning Turkish at some point in the not so distant future. My question revolves around two particular sets of materials, as I have other things to get my foot in the door.

Does anyone have any experience with both the Yedi Iklim Turkce and Istanbul series? If so, which might you recommend to a self-learner and why? Or, even if you have experience with only one series, perhaps you can speak to the merits/issues with it.

From my very brief look at sample lessons from both they appear to be mostly equal in presentation. (Something like a Begegnungen/Spekrum vibe in the world of German textbooks.) Though it looks like both series would not have wordlists available in English. And it's hard to tell how well/clearly grammar is presented (especially in the Yedi series). I definitely get the feeling that a good dictionary and grammar (grammar workbook?) would be my best friends working through either series. On that note, any recommendations for grammars/grammar-workbooks would be appreciated too.
1 x
Dead Log
Modern European Log
East Asian Log

DaF Kompakt A1-B1 (Klett) : 1 / 30
Modern German Pronunciation 2e (Hall) : 0 / 7
[Greek and Hebrew TBD]

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”