All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
reineke
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: Fox (C4)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=6979

Re: Looking for alternatives to Audible for (mainly German) audiobooks

Postby reineke » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:35 pm

BookBeat

"" Kann Ich außerhalb Deutschlands BookBeat nutzen?
Um ein Konto bei BookBeat zu eröffnen, musst Du Dich entweder in Deutschland aufhalten oder eine deutsche Kreditkarte besitzen. Dahingegen kannst Du anschließend BookBeat auf der ganzen Welt benutzen und hast Zugriff zu allen Hörbücher, wo auch immer Du Dich gerade befindest.
The German site sells "Die Verwandlung".

The UK version:
Sorry! We couldn't find any matches

Try a new search."
0 x

reineke
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: Fox (C4)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=6979

Postby reineke » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:01 am

Montmorency wrote:
reineke wrote:buecher.de and thalia.de deliver to your location.

I read somewhere that those two only deliver to Germany and Austria. It was not clear (to me) from their websites, but I wrote to Buecher to ask, and they have indeed confirmed that this is the case. :-( ( "aus rechtlichen Gründen..." ). (Or to be more precise, you have to have a German or Austrian billing address, or they won't accept your order).

A bit like the overseas Amazon situation.

And it's not even clear whether the Polish company will be any good either. If I switch to the English shop front, I can no longer find German audiobooks. I emailed to ask, and am now awaiting a reply.

Thanks for the information. I just wanted to let you know I didn't pull it out of my arse. I actually checked:

"In welche Länder liefert bücher.de?
Wir liefern in folgende Länder: Belgien, Bulgarien, Dänemark, Deutschland, Estland, Frankreich, Finnland, Großbritannien, Griechenland, Italien, Irland, Luxemburg, Lettland, Litauen, Malta, Niederlande, Österreich, Polen, Portugal, Rumänien, Schweden, Slowakei, Slowenien, Spanien, Tschechien, Ungarn und Zypern.

Bei Lieferungen ins Ausland ist die Bezahlung nur per Kreditkarte, Paypal oder ggf. Vorauskasse möglich.
Für alle Lieferungen nach Österreich berechnen wir eine Versandkostenpauschale von EUR 3,95.
Für alle anderen von uns belieferten Länder fällt eine Versandkostenpauschale von EUR 6,95 an. "

I guess you can order a pen or something. Can you order a CD version?

MorkTheFiddle wrote:bücher dot de offers audiobooks in German. For books you can download, click “Download” on the list on the left.
I have not ordered anything from them lately, but I think I did a few years ago, so there is no region restriction on credit cards.
My apologies if this site has already been listed.

I am guessing that bücher.de still does not allow digital downloads from abroad. See the discussion above.
1 x

MorkTheFiddle
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: English (N). Read (only) French and Spanish. Studying Ancient Greek. Studying a bit of Latin. Once studied Old Norse. Dabbled in Catalan, Provençal and Italian.
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 11#p133911

Postby MorkTheFiddle » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:22 pm

reineke wrote:
I am guessing that bücher.de still does not allow digital downloads from abroad. See the discussion above.

My apologies. You are quite right. Purchase requires registration, registration requires a country, and the drop down box does not include the USA.
And I did read Montmorency's post but obviously was not paying much attention.
Again, sorry.

Edit 1 time.
1 x
Many things which are false are transmitted from book to book, and gain credit in the world. -- attributed to Samuel Johnson

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”