Thai Resources

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
robaur
Languages: English, Thai

Re: Thai Resources

Postby robaur » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:59 am

Here is a FREE Thai language event for next week if anyone is interested. Has been an incredible response from past students of AUA. All welcome.

Thai Schedule 19-23 April 20201024_1.jpg

---- THAI LANGUAGE EVENT ----

FREE ENTRY

UPDATED WITH LESSON SCHEDULE

Wow! What an amazing response we have had to this event. I upgraded my Zoom account to accommodate.

Like many of you who have studied at AUA, you know how much of a special school it is. I haven’t been able to study there for over a year now, so next week I have decided to hire the teachers of AUA for a special week of lessons. I am inviting everybody to join me on the Zoom meeting.

WHERE? Online using Zoom. Please download the Zoom app to your device and click the link(s) below.

WHEN? Every weekday next week Monday 19 to Friday 23 April 2021.

WHAT TIMES? 7am to 9am (Thai Time) and 2pm to 4pm (Thai Time). Lessons are one hour each. There will be 4 lessons each day. I chose these times to give students on every continent the opportunity to attend.

WHAT LEVEL? The first lesson of each session will be intermediate and the second lesson will be intermediate / advanced (a little harder). Although the lessons will be pitched at an intermediate / advanced level, beginners are also very welcome to attend.

WHO CAN COME? Anyone who has an interest in improving their Thai.

HOW WILL IT WORK? The AUA method is language immersion. It is not necessary that you understand everything. Just attend, sit back, relax and absorb the language naturally. For the most part students mics will be muted but the first 5 minutes mics will be open to say hi and the last 10 minutes mics will be open for interaction with the teachers.

WHO ARE THE TEACHERS? The teachers are superstars who have years of experience teaching immersion Thai. At least 9 teachers will participate (two teachers in a lesson at a time) AND some past AUA teachers will be making cameo appearances in the classes. Should be great fun AND you’ll learn a lot.

HOW MUCH? Free to you. I’m paying. I’m happy for anyone to join in.

Here are the Zoom meeting links / codes. No password necessary.
Monday 19 to Friday 23 April 2021 - 7am to 9am (Thai time) - https://zoom.us/j/95516837534
Monday 19 to Friday 23 April 2021 - 2pm to 4pm (Thai time) - https://zoom.us/j/94674916399
(If the link doesn't work on your device, enter the meeting number manually)

No need to RSVP. Just come along.

Please use your own name in Zoom (some peoples' Zoom default to names like iPhone).

We look forward to seeing you in the classes!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

IntrepidLearner
White Belt
Languages: English (N), German (A2)

Re: Thai Resources

Postby IntrepidLearner » Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:17 pm

A few courses, grammars, and readers can be found in the following post.
0 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”