The Master List of Resources

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
User avatar
Kamlari
Orange Belt
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:36 pm
x 240

Re: The Master List of Resources

Postby Kamlari » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:53 pm

Anyone who would like to learn Japanese without sweating too much, might want to try this site.
It's free, run by Japanese people.
A sample.
アリとキリギリス
Image
https://i.postimg.cc/gjT7HTPg/image.jpg
Many texts are recorded in Japanese and translated into English.
Japanese texts: normal (kanji + kana) and spaced kana only.
Have a look. And don't forget that you have ears too. (If you're deaf - bad luck.)

http://hukumusume.com/douwa/pc/aesop/03/31.htm
http://hukumusume.com/douwa/English/aes ... 1_j&E.html
1 x
Frei lebt, wer sterben kann.

J'aime les nuages... les nuages qui passent...
雲は天才である

1. There’s only one rule to rule them all:
There are no Rule(r)s.
2. LISTEN L2, read L1. (Long texts)
3. Pronunciation.
4. Delayed recitation.

User avatar
Kamlari
Orange Belt
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:36 pm
x 240

Re: The Master List of Resources

Postby Kamlari » Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:20 pm

Hungarian audiobooks:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN3FPG ... UYA/videos

Hungarian texts:
https://pim.hu/dia/#
(e.g. Szabó Magda)

Hungarian texts (+ sometimes audio).
http://mek.oszk.hu
(Tolstoy, Kafka, Dickens, etc)

Russian-English parallel texts:
https://studyenglishwords.com/
Novels (Tolstoy, Bulgakov, etc)
Video clips (видеоролики) + parallel texts.

Russian audiobooks
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRie2d ... uTg/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVuvv1 ... cOA/videos

Japanese audiobooks
https://audiobook-edo.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD3dbS ... j6g/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCub36s ... jUQ/videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/kabosum/videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/kikudorabungak/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVz9IA ... W8g/videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/byoubyouleo/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfQhn6 ... FdQ/videos
https://www.youtube.com/c/bun-gei/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgBqtQ ... 9cA/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqjXn4 ... NWg/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCio6ex ... IQg/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRQgM_ ... hKQ/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmi5lH ... MOg/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMXqjM ... 0Bw/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqJTLl ... b-w/videos

Japanese podcasts + transcript
https://www.japanesewithnoriko.com/about (transcripts + audio)
https://www.nihongoforyou.com/episodes (+ English)

Haru no nihongo
The Real Japanese Podcast All Script
https://www.haru-no-nihongo.com/podcast (transcript)
https://anchor.fm/therealjapanese/episo ... 3-2-eok85v (audio)


Japanese grammar through pictures
http://www.edewakaru.com/
5 x
Frei lebt, wer sterben kann.

J'aime les nuages... les nuages qui passent...
雲は天才である

1. There’s only one rule to rule them all:
There are no Rule(r)s.
2. LISTEN L2, read L1. (Long texts)
3. Pronunciation.
4. Delayed recitation.

User avatar
Kamlari
Orange Belt
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:36 pm
x 240

Re: The Master List of Resources

Postby Kamlari » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:47 pm

Ménéstrandise Audiolibri
https://www.youtube.com/c/M%C3%A9n%C3%A ... bri/videos
Italian audiobooks (Pavese, Pirandello, Kafka, Bulgakov, Doyle, etc)
2 x
Frei lebt, wer sterben kann.

J'aime les nuages... les nuages qui passent...
雲は天才である

1. There’s only one rule to rule them all:
There are no Rule(r)s.
2. LISTEN L2, read L1. (Long texts)
3. Pronunciation.
4. Delayed recitation.

mokibao
Orange Belt
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:44 pm
Languages: Studying: way too many
x 314

Re: The Master List of Resources

Postby mokibao » Wed May 12, 2021 11:29 am

Someone made a huge list of resources in the form of a google sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... nYCy8/edit
This should probably be added to the OP somewhere, especially since the author of the post said they were going to update it
1 x

User avatar
MorkTheFiddle
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Posts: 2191
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:59 pm
Location: North Texas USA
Languages: English (N). Read (only) French and Spanish. Studying Ancient Greek. Studying a bit of Latin. Once studied Old Norse. Dabbled in Catalan, Provençal and Italian.
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 11#p133911
x 5020

Re: The Master List of Resources

Postby MorkTheFiddle » Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:25 pm

Resources for Thucydides
Useful commentaries (by no means a complete list!):

Notes on Thucydides Books I. II. and III, 2d ed. John Sheppard and Lewis Evans. London: Longmans, Green, 1870
The History of the Peloponnesian War Book I. Ed. Henry Young. London: Lockwood, 1874.
Thucydides, W. Robert Connor. Princeton: Princeton University Press, 1985
Thucydides Book I ed E. C. Marchant: London: Macmillan, 1905
Thucydides Book I ed Charles D. Morris Boston: Ginn, 1887.
Thucydides History I, P. J. Rhodes. London and Havertown, Pa: Aris & Phillips, 2014
Thucydides, The Peloponnesian War, Book II, ed J. S. Rusten. Cambridge UK: Cambridge University Press, 1999.
Thucydides' Melian Dialogue, Paula Dunbar. South Hadley, Mass: Paula Dunbar, 2016

(Some) Useful translations (English/French)
The Landmark Thycydides. Trans Richard Crawley. New York: Free Press, 1996.
Thucydide La Guerre du Péloponnèse Tome I Livres I et II Bilingue trans Jacqueline de Romilly. Paris: Les Belles Lettres, 2014.
Thucydides History of the Peloponnesian War. Trans. Rex Warner. London: Penguin, 1988.


I have never heard of a language called, Thucydides, however if you want to start a thread about this language and send me the link then I will include it in the MLoR.
4 x
Many things which are false are transmitted from book to book, and gain credit in the world. -- attributed to Samuel Johnson

User avatar
tungemål
Blue Belt
Posts: 959
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:56 pm
Location: Norway
Languages: Norwegian (N)
English, German, Spanish, Japanese, Dutch, Polish
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=17672
x 2207

Re: The Master List of Resources

Postby tungemål » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:23 am

1 x

User avatar
rdearman
Site Admin
Posts: 7318
Joined: Thu May 14, 2015 4:18 pm
Location: United Kingdom
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836
x 23599
Contact:

Re: The Master List of Resources

Postby rdearman » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:11 pm

Kamlari wrote:Hungarian audiobooks:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN3FPG ... UYA/videos

Hungarian texts:
https://pim.hu/dia/#
(e.g. Szabó Magda)

Hungarian texts (+ sometimes audio).
http://mek.oszk.hu
(Tolstoy, Kafka, Dickens, etc)

Russian-English parallel texts:
https://studyenglishwords.com/
Novels (Tolstoy, Bulgakov, etc)
Video clips (видеоролики) + parallel texts.

Russian audiobooks
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRie2d ... uTg/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVuvv1 ... cOA/videos

Japanese audiobooks
https://audiobook-edo.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD3dbS ... j6g/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCub36s ... jUQ/videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/kabosum/videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/kikudorabungak/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVz9IA ... W8g/videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/byoubyouleo/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfQhn6 ... FdQ/videos
https://www.youtube.com/c/bun-gei/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgBqtQ ... 9cA/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqjXn4 ... NWg/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCio6ex ... IQg/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRQgM_ ... hKQ/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmi5lH ... MOg/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMXqjM ... 0Bw/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqJTLl ... b-w/videos

Japanese podcasts + transcript
https://www.japanesewithnoriko.com/about (transcripts + audio)
https://www.nihongoforyou.com/episodes (+ English)

Haru no nihongo
The Real Japanese Podcast All Script
https://www.haru-no-nihongo.com/podcast (transcript)
https://anchor.fm/therealjapanese/episo ... 3-2-eok85v (audio)


Japanese grammar through pictures
http://www.edewakaru.com/

Can you please post these links in the appropriate thread for the language? E.G Japanese in the Japanese thread, Russian in the Russian one... etc, Etc. Or at least tell the owner of that thread where to find the links.
1 x
: 56 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

nat_kovalenko
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:18 pm
Languages: Ukrainian (N), English (B2), Korean (A1), Spanish (beginner)
x 1

Re: The Master List of Resources

Postby nat_kovalenko » Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:18 am

So Hungarian don`t belong to any group of languages? I have a friend in Hungary. We speak English but I was thinking about learning her mother tongue
0 x

User avatar
rdearman
Site Admin
Posts: 7318
Joined: Thu May 14, 2015 4:18 pm
Location: United Kingdom
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836
x 23599
Contact:

Re: The Master List of Resources

Postby rdearman » Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:28 pm

nat_kovalenko wrote:So Hungarian don`t belong to any group of languages? I have a friend in Hungary. We speak English but I was thinking about learning her mother tongue

Technically it does belong to the Uralic language family, however the only other member of that family in our list is Finnish, I will edit the list later to group them, although very few people know of the Uralic language family, or would know that Hungarian and Finnish belong to it. :)
5 x
: 56 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

nat_kovalenko
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:18 pm
Languages: Ukrainian (N), English (B2), Korean (A1), Spanish (beginner)
x 1

Re: The Master List of Resources

Postby nat_kovalenko » Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:11 pm

rdearman wrote:
nat_kovalenko wrote:So Hungarian don`t belong to any group of languages? I have a friend in Hungary. We speak English but I was thinking about learning her mother tongue

Technically it does belong to the Uralic language family, however the only other member of that family in our list is Finnish, I will edit the list later to group them, although very few people know of the Uralic language family, or would know that Hungarian and Finnish belong to it. :)


I`d never know :o Thank you for the answer. I think I should learn more about it
1 x


Return to “Language Programs and Resources”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests