Workbooks or websites for Spanish writing practice

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
Hank
Green Belt
Languages: English (N), Spanish (intermediate), Welsh (studying)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1833

Workbooks or websites for Spanish writing practice

Postby Hank » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:02 pm

I'm looking for good workbooks for practice. I know there are a ton of them out there, and I doubt that any would lead me astray, but I'm hoping for suggestions. I would also accept suggestions for websites. I get a lot of input, but my output is minimal.

I'm looking for resources that give sentences or paragraphs in English that I can translate into Spanish that include the correct translation. Explanations would also be helpful. I'm interested in concentrating on conjugations, moods, and grammar.

I suppose I could do this with Lang-8, but I want something with structure right now. I'm comfortable with "Tengo dos perros", but I'm behind on "I used to have two dogs", "I will have two dogs at some point in the future", "I might have two dogs", etc.

Does this make any sense? :lol:
2 x
Future travel plans:
2020: Cruise to Dominican Republic, Turks and Caicos, Bahamas

astromule
Green Belt
Languages: Spanish (N), English (C2), French, Portuguese, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, German, Russian
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=794&start=240

Re: Workbooks or websites for Spanish writing practice

Postby astromule » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:00 pm

Hi Hank. Have you tried doing the translations/exercises from Assimil Spanish? Or from FSI/DLI? The FSI method specially has a lot of exercises.

Hank wrote:I'm looking for good workbooks for practice. I know there are a ton of them out there, and I doubt that any would lead me astray, but I'm hoping for suggestions. I would also accept suggestions for websites. I get a lot of input, but my output is minimal.

I'm looking for resources that give sentences or paragraphs in English that I can translate into Spanish that include the correct translation. Explanations would also be helpful. I'm interested in concentrating on conjugations, moods, and grammar.

I suppose I could do this with Lang-8, but I want something with structure right now. I'm comfortable with "Tengo dos perros", but I'm behind on "I used to have two dogs", "I will have two dogs at some point in the future", "I might have two dogs", etc.

Does this make any sense? :lol:
0 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”