Free Reading, Listening and Vocab Practice Software

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
Keys
Yellow Belt
Languages: Dutch (N), English (C2), German (C1), French (B2), Swedish (B2), Spanish (B2), Italian (B2), Russian (B2), Hungarian (B1), Polish (B1), Urdu (A2); reading literature and listening to audiobooks in Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish and Spanish. Studying Urdu, Polish atm.

Re: Free Reading, Listening and Vocab Practice Software

Postby Keys » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:17 pm

This looks really nice! Can't try it myself since I'm on mac, but I think you're really creating a cool resource there. The only issue I have with it is that the user can only actively engage with the words with flashcards. Personally I hate flashcards.

The next version should have cloze and other types of vocabulary practice. I just posted a new post on the current version as I finally managed to get the iOS version up in iTunes.
0 x

mcthulhu
Orange Belt
Languages: English (native); strong reading skills - Russian, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Serbo-Croatian, Macedonian, Bulgarian, Slovene, Farsi; fair reading skills - Polish, Czech, Dutch, Esperanto, Portuguese; beginner/rusty - Swedish, Norwegian, Danish

Postby mcthulhu » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:16 pm

For at least one of these, I think the Italian one, I got a popup from Norton Internet Security saying that the file was a threat and had been removed. The others all seemed to pass virus scanning.

I haven't tried them yet but at first glance they look pretty nice. Thanks for providing these.
0 x

Keys
Yellow Belt
Languages: Dutch (N), English (C2), German (C1), French (B2), Swedish (B2), Spanish (B2), Italian (B2), Russian (B2), Hungarian (B1), Polish (B1), Urdu (A2); reading literature and listening to audiobooks in Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish and Spanish. Studying Urdu, Polish atm.

Postby Keys » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:21 am

Yeap that's why I had to create a new version, they're made in VB6 and Microsoft doesn't support software anymore that's not made in their latest software development kit languages. So that would be the other post about HypLern Reader App...

I just discovered I can create (a limited number of) promotional codes for the iPhone version so PM me if you'd like the new one free as well :)
0 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”