DIY flashcards key fob tutorial

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
Doitsujin
Green Belt
Languages: German (N)

DIY flashcards key fob tutorial

Postby Doitsujin » Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:30 pm

I've recently stumbled upon a simple project that uses an ESP8266 dev board with an integrated OLED screen for a flashcards key fob and thought that some LLORG members might like the idea, even though there are already lots of flashcard apps for iOS and Android devices out there.

(You'll have to click Watch on Youtube to diisplay the hardware and software links.)
1 x

Wayfarer
Yellow Belt
Languages: English (N)

Re: DIY flashcards key fob tutorial

Postby Wayfarer » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:41 am

Great post! Thanks for sharing. That project has real potential. I like to study away from phones, computers, internet, etc. For using audio in language study, I use an MP3 player that takes an SD card and that allows folder navigation.I just load up the SD card on the computer with the materials I'm studying, and then I study sans computer.

This fob idea is similar. Someone should make a commercially available version. People could download an app that stores vocabulary and handles transfer to the fob. A commercially produced product could also have limited buttons to make it more SRS-like, such as 'flipping' front/back text, controlling reviews (how well you knew the information on the 'card') etc.
0 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”