Looking for Old Assimil audio "Le portgais sans peine"

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
figgles
Languages: English (N); French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian

Looking for Old Assimil audio "Le portgais sans peine"

Postby figgles » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:25 pm

Hi all,

I've been a long time reader of these forums and today I decided to finally sign up! I'm looking for the audio to the older "Le portugais Sans Peine" by A. Chérel with 101 lessons, not "Le nouveau portugais sans peine". Every time I think I find a copy online, the vendor later tells me that the item was posted by mistake. :?

I found a copy on leboncoin (https://www.leboncoin.fr/collection/2397535471.htm), but as I am in the USA, I cannot purchase it (or for that matter, even send a message to the seller). Does anyone have a copy that they would be willing to sell me? It used to come in 3 cassettes or 10 vinyl records with the name "O português sem custo".
1 x

figgles

Re: Looking for Old Assimil audio "Le portgais sans peine"

Postby figgles » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:55 pm

About the above link -- if you are in the EU and can purchase these records, I'd gladly pay for shipping to the USA plus extra for the effort. Send me a DM.
0 x

orlandohill
Yellow Belt
Languages: English (N)

Postby orlandohill » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:14 pm

You might want to consider using a parcel forwarding service. I did a quick search for "parcel forwarding France", and found a few options. I've only ever used one specific to New Zealand, YouShop, so I can't give any recommendations for shipping from France to USA.
0 x

figgles

Postby figgles » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:32 am

In this particular case, I don't think a parcel forwaring service is enough. The specific site, Leboncoin, requires a EU phone number to even sign up. It uses a one-time token sent to that number and prevents duplicate phone numbers from registering (good luck on when phone numbers are [inevitably] reused!). Additionally, it will not accept CC/debit cards from the US from what I heard, even if you manage to sign up while in the EU. :(
0 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”