After the Pimsleur audio German course

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
ginlane
Languages: English and some German

After the Pimsleur audio German course

Postby ginlane » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:25 pm

Hi I'm using Pimsleur audio German to learn German, I have finished the five levels
that are available which according to the website should take me to about A2 to B1 level
in German.
I found the audio way of learning the best way for me, I was wondering if someone
could recommend any further audio German language learning, that will take me beyond up
to B2 and beyond?
kind regards, Gin
0 x

vikramkr
Languages: English (N), Portuguese (C1), Spanish (B2), Russian (B1), German (A1)

Re: After the Pimsleur audio German course

Postby vikramkr » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:04 am

Going through the Michel Thomas German courses seems like a natural next step, given your interest in learning via audio courses.
0 x

Cavesa
Black Belt - 5th Dan
Languages: Czech (N), French (C2) English (C1), Italian (C1), Spanish, German (C1)

Re: After the Pimsleur audio German course

Postby Cavesa » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:26 am

Given the nature of Pimsleur as an audio course, you are missing the whole written part of the language. And while it is known to teach some things really well, it may have a bit poor vocabulary and isn't really that cefr tied (they labeled it looong after it was already used). I'd recommend a monolingual not too slow course covering A1-B1, such as DaF kompakt (I really liked this one), and then moving on to something like Sicher or Erkundungen.
0 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”